Facebook OH Summer Camp Pictures

Carllamy

Just now, Carllamy said:

I went down to Camden Yards today and got a bunch of very disappointing zoom lens photos of Summer Camp. I posted them on the OH's Facebook page.

It wasn't easy. They have guards on yellow vests walking around the stadium making sure you aren't up to no good, although the fellows weren't nasty or anything. Also, they've erected a bunch of temporary screens inside the stadium to block views of the diamond. You can hold your camera up and take random shots over the screen, or shoot zoom lens shots down breezeways from several gates. I did so. These are the pictures I posted, and why they are so limited and out of focus.

But they are pictures. I haven't seen anyone else with any, so this is most likely an OH exclusive!

Roch posted a few on Twitter.

In one of them, Elias and Hyde were both sitting behind home plate watching practice.   But they were on opposite sides of a vomitory (that is the name of the walkway from the concourse, in case you were wondering).   In seats about 6 rows up off the field.

So Elias could lean on the side of the wall to his right and Hyde could lean on the side of the wall to his right and they could have a conversation across the walkway.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Carllamy said:

I went down to Camden Yards today and got a bunch of very disappointing zoom lens photos of Summer Camp. I posted them on the OH's Facebook page.

It wasn't easy. They have guards on yellow vests walking around the stadium making sure you aren't up to no good, although the fellows weren't nasty or anything. Also, they've erected a bunch of temporary screens inside the stadium to block views of the diamond. You can hold your camera up and take random shots over the screen, or shoot zoom lens shots down breezeways from several gates. I did so. These are the pictures I posted, and why they are so limited and out of focus.

But they are pictures. I haven't seen anyone else with any, so this is most likely an OH exclusive!

I heard Ruiz hit a monster HR off Milone.   Maybe that was the pitcher you caught looking like he had just given up something big.

49 minutes ago, Carllamy said:

Thanks for this. I appreciate you. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Philip said:

Anybody who is able to get an autograph from a superstar this season should make sure they date it.

2020 in-season autographs are going to be very hard to get.

If there are no fans, probably impossible to get.

I wonder if I have a gold mine: I have a 2020 All Star Game, Opening Day, Twins, Brewers, and Rangers commutative baseballs. Don’t think any of them are getting used this year.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Carllamy said:

I think they actually look pretty decent all things considered.  Thanks for posting them.  

Is that Drungo, Weams and Frobby on the Orioles hangout Facebook page cover? I think it is.    

14 hours ago, murph said:

I think they actually look pretty decent all things considered.  Thanks for posting them.  

Is that Drungo, Weams and Frobby on the Orioles hangout Facebook page cover? I think it is.    

Yes

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Carllamy said:

Are you allowed to be on Eutaw Street, or are you told to live along?

44 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Are you allowed to be on Eutaw Street, or are you told to live along?

I walk for exercise, so I was pretty much walking around the stadium. I Didn't stay in any one spot too long. A couple of security types saw me, and all they did was smile and nod, but I wasn't making a pest out of myself in any one spot. Five or six minutes at any sport was the longest I took. But that's mostly because all you could see was the little strip of field through the breezeways, and a lot of the time all you saw through the zoom lens was either one guy standing around, or nothing. That gets old fast. Five minutes, and it was time to try my luck looking through another breezeway.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Carllamy said:

I walk for exercise, so I was pretty much walking around the stadium. I Didn't stay in any one spot too long. A couple of security types saw me, and all they did was smile and nod, but I wasn't making a pest out of myself in any one spot. Five or six minutes at any sport was the longest I took. But that's mostly because all you could see was the little strip of field through the breezeways, and a lot of the time all you saw through the zoom lens was either one guy standing around, or nothing. That gets old fast. Five minutes, and it was time to try my luck looking through another breezeway.

Thanks. Wasn’t sure if it would be worth going up next week and being by the Flag Court.