9/21-Final game at Yankee Stadium

Big Mac

ESPN's broadcasts are not designed for the diehard, well-schooled fan.

Miller was a radio guy for the Orioles, not TV. I don't hear him that often, but Miller is still the standard on radio. I think part of the problem is that he has to hold Morgan's hand.

Miller is absolutely the most well-read broadcaster out there. He has an encyclopedic knowledge of the history of the game.

You can't really judge him next to Joe Morgan...being in a room with that guy just drains brain cells.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ESPN's broadcasts are not designed for the diehard, well-schooled fan.

Miller was a radio guy for the Orioles, not TV. I don't hear him that often, but Miller is still the standard on radio. I think part of the problem is that he has to hold Morgan's hand.

Miller is absolutely the most well-read broadcaster out there. He has an encyclopedic knowledge of the history of the game.

He is a very good radio guy. He is excellent at actually describing in detail what's happening on the field, and at maintaining a constant stream of talking, unlike Fred "Dead Air, Now What Was I Saying?" Manfra. These are skills that are important on radio, but can really be annoying on TV.

Archived