Phillies Box Scoregate

wildcard

34 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

What a strange thing to be really mad about.

What annoyed me was after they goofed around with the outs for two innings, halting one inning when the O's had men on 1st and 2nd and one out, and then giving us 4 outs the next inning -- Joe Girardi asked fora  replay review in the next inning when a Philly was called out at first on an obvious bad call.  l mean, come on Joe.   It's an obvious meaningless game where you are screwing around with the rules all over the place, but God forbid you allow a bad call to stand without slowing down the game for a replay.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Also, don’t forget, Wynns, Urias, and Valdez are the ones that can be DFA’ed if they need room in the 40. They are currently at 39. JMO.

I dont seen them being able to add anybody, some teams have a bigger need, with those testing postive and those opting out.

Just now, SteveA said:

What annoyed me was after they goofed around with the outs for two innings, halting one inning when the O's had men on 1st and 2nd and one out, and then giving us 4 outs the next inning -- Joe Girardi asked fora  replay review in the next inning when a Philly was called out at first on an obvious bad call.  l mean, come on Joe.   It's an obvious meaningless game where you are screwing around with the rules all over the place, but God forbid you allow a bad call to stand without slowing down the game for a replay.

That's Joe.  Be happy he didn't make three pitching changes that inning.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Maybe a personal beef with the umpire. These guys have a reason for everything. 

14 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Didn’t want his pitchers pitch count to increase. 

30 minutes ago, SteveA said:

It's Girardi. I'm just surprised he wasn't playing matchups with his bullpen late in the game.

39 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

It's Girardi. I'm just surprised he wasn't playing matchups with his bullpen late in the game.

What you may not understand is that Girardi is way, way smarter than anyone else in baseball. Just ask him.

He's modest about it, too. His superiority complex  shows through only once every five minutes or so.

• Haha 2

This society has gone down the slippery slope so far that you cannot even believe  a ST box score.  That goes right along with not trusting the News,  or Advertising, or Politics,  or Businesses,  or most anything.  The point is not that this one  is a trivial thing,  but that it happened at all.  Lying so permeates this society so much that you almost have to stop taking in  data to your brain for fear that it is Spam.  And never repeat it,  or it is likely you have been made a liar.  This has gotten to the point where it is no longer funny, if it ever was, because a society cannot function anywhere near efficiently with endless Spam.  i