Do you plan to watch tonight’s game?

Frobby

Do you plan to watch tonight’s opener?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan to watch tonight’s opener?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/24/20 at 23:30

Simple question, to gauge how much interest there is now that baseball is finally here.    

As for me, I’m not sure.    I may try to have my kids over for a socially distant dinner in the driveway if it looks like the weather will cooperate.    If so, that trumps baseball, even on “Opening Day.”    But if not, then I’m sure I’ll watch at least some of the game.  

I have a friend who is a Braves fan coming over at 4 to watch the Braves/Mets game socially distant in the back yard (weather permitting, if there is rain will watch from inside 10+ feet apart).  Grilling hot dogs, drinking beers and eating peanuts.

We are then going to head over to Pickles/Sliders and watch the O's game on their outside tvs, assuming we feel comfortable with how socially distant their setup is.

It is Opening Day, I am excited to watch as many games as I can this year.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Simple question, to gauge how much interest there is now that baseball is finally here.    

As for me, I’m not sure.    I may try to have my kids over for a socially distant dinner in the driveway if it looks like the weather will cooperate.    If so, that trumps baseball, even on “Opening Day.”    But if not, then I’m sure I’ll watch at least some of the game.  

The question I think is incomplete. I’m not going to watch it on TV but I almost never watch on TV. I will follow on the app for at least a little while. I find the radio announcer unlistenable. I really cannot fathom why they hired him because he has none of the skills necessary to be a competent radio announcer. But the Red Sox guys are horrible too. So I’ll see how long I can maintain interest just following along on the app.

38 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

I don’t have MASN.  Not watching is not a lack of interest.  I watched all 15 innings that were on ESPN last night (and am paying for it this morning).

if you have sprint or tmobile you can watch for free

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Probably needs another thread but I think hitting a batter in the head should come with a suspension. A bunch of sports like NFL and Hockey have done things to protect players. I would feel the same way if Kimbrel hit a Yankee in the head too. There’s probably some data out there on the average time a concussed player misses time and base the first time suspension off. Then each one after that gets more severe. There is a way to throw inside and anything above the shoulders should be off limits.
    • Oh my god! The slide? The Orioles have three more wins this year than they did at this date last season. If you want to get technical, their record thru 94 game is identical to last season. Calm down. 
    • I get what you are saying but I still admit I surprised they have the early starts when school is out. I’m fine with them myself but you would think an additional half hour could convince someone to make the trek.     At the game tonight the empty seats filled in by about 730. I always thought years ago 730 starts made sense on Friday’s but I gave up on that idea. 
    • Goes without saying a split rest of way keeps Orioles up one game at break and also means they would be up 6-4 in season standings. Win both you clinch season series. Play at NYY 3 games with 6 games to go. Just avoid a damn sweep. I think the series is more important from a tiebreaker standpoint than necessarily being up or down a game.    Hopefully some frustration was released in the 9th inning. One big hit and maybe this team relaxes some.  
    • Brought this up in game thread. Send Povich down for an arm. Technically don’t need a 5th SP until SD series but based off how the Orioles like give guys an extra day they can start Irvin vs MIA.  Play a DH at home Mon July 30. Can call him back up then. Play 11 games before that DH. One start by Irvin vs MIA is worth an extra arm.    I know he needs to be added to the 40 but Mayo could come up for Kjerstad. Concussion IL is 7 days. You have 4 days off at the break. If not Mayo then obviously Stowers, it makes no sense to take any chances for losing Heston 3 games at most.     
    • In fairness the pitching staff has given up 25 runs in the past four games, and that's obviously not including the 19 run hammering the A's delivered last weekend.  The rotation needs maybe just one good starter (though preferably two), but the bullpen is where this team has been quite vulnerable for some time and in danger of falling further.
    • Cowser is hitting .183 the last 3 months.  It kinda hard to justify him getting all the time but Mullins hasn’t been much better though he is hitting just under .300 the last 30 days so he been better more recently.  
  • Popular Contributors