The Rubber Match (vs. RED SOX, 7/26)

OFFNY

Just now, SteveA said:

I know I've seen them in some games I've watched.

Also noticed that they do have someone manning the manual scoreboard in Boston with the line score of the game but they are not bothering to do the out of town scoreboard right next to it.  Was there a second guy in there doing the out of town scoreboard usually or did one guy do it all?

I thought it was 2...

3 minutes ago, SteveA said:

I know I've seen them in some games I've watched.

Also noticed that they do have someone manning the manual scoreboard in Boston with the line score of the game but they are not bothering to do the out of town scoreboard right next to it.  Was there a second guy in there doing the out of town scoreboard usually or did one guy do it all?

Other places have had them sitting in the front row down the line and jumping into the field of play to retrieve the ball. Can't really do that at Fenway in left field.

Fenway has such limited foul territory that it is probably the easiest place to get away without them.

33 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

What a potent offense against mediocre pitching!   :notworthy:

Nats 2 NYYs 0, bottom of the sixth.

With as much mediocre pitching as there is out there, that kinda hitting can get you in the playoffs.

I mean, you're probably not going to the World Series but it'll get you in the dance.

The Nike logo on every jersey is a terrible look IMO and this is year one of a ten year contract to outfit all of MLB. 

For A Cool $1 Billion, MLB Adds Nike Swoosh To Uniforms

The Nike swoosh will adorn all 30 Major League Baseball uniforms starting in the 2020 season as part of a 10-year deal between MLB, Nike and retailer Fanatics — a deal that is reportedly valued at more than $1 billion and should haul in about $3 million a year for each team. 

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

The Nike logo on every jersey is a terrible look IMO and this is year one of a ten year contract to outfit all of MLB. 

For A Cool $1 Billion, MLB Adds Nike Swoosh To Uniforms

The Nike swoosh will adorn all 30 Major League Baseball uniforms starting in the 2020 season as part of a 10-year deal between MLB, Nike and retailer Fanatics — a deal that is reportedly valued at more than $1 billion and should haul in about $3 million a year for each team. 

I hardly notice it... :noidea: