Marlins ( and now Phillies) season(s) on pause, O's to host Yankees on Wednesday and Thursday

MurphDogg

Its gonna be hard to have a meaningful season even if this is just somehow limited to the Marlins.  If those 15 are all genuine COVID infections, even if only mild cases, you are probably talking about a mimimum three weeks before those players and coaches and come back and not be contagious.  There is no way you could make up three weeks of baseball with the timeline the MLB wants to keep.  So let's say you end the Marlins season, but try to have the rest of the teams play it out. Do the games against the Phillies count?  How would they balance out the schedule? 

My obvious idea is bring discussed! As I said, it makes zero sense for the Phillies to not play and not have the Yankees play the Orioles.

The Marlins play the Phillies 9/10-9/13 on the same dates the Orioles play the Yankees, so they could even have the Orioles play the Marlins and the Phillies play the Yankees on two of those days to even the schedule back out somewhat.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, GuidoSarducci said:

Its gonna be hard to have a meaningful season even if this is just somehow limited to the Marlins.  If those 15 are all genuine COVID infections, even if only mild cases, you are probably talking about a mimimum three weeks before those players and coaches and come back and not be contagious.  There is no way you could make up three weeks of baseball with the timeline the MLB wants to keep.  So let's say you end the Marlins season, but try to have the rest of the teams play it out. Do the games against the Phillies count?  How would they balance out the schedule? 

There is no balance to the schedule this season.

Question:   is the service time gaming thing based on days in the majors or games?

In other words, if we don't play until the weekend, can we bring up Mountastle for the Tampa series, or does he have to be down 5 or 6 or whatever GAMES which would mean after the Tampa series?

(I know, he's really down there to work on his defense and will be up once he has adequately mastered the art of left field.   But humor me and answer the question anyway!)

8 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Question:   is the service time gaming thing based on days in the majors or games?

In other words, if we don't play until the weekend, can we bring up Mountastle for the Tampa series, or does he have to be down 5 or 6 or whatever GAMES which would mean after the Tampa series?

(I know, he's really down there to work on his defense and will be up once he has adequately mastered the art of left field.   But humor me and answer the question anyway!)

Days. Players are still drawing their paycheck this week. They don't change the rules for two teams when an entire early April series is rained out. 

22 minutes ago, interloper said:

This is all super embarrassing for Rob Manfred. Clown-shoes ass commish, man. Guy's got a full on mutiny on his hands at this point. Everyone can sense the leadership void and they're taking it into their own hands.

Having looked closely at publicly available material concerning Manfred''s handling of the MASN dispute, his report on the Astros' cheating, and his negotiation over the length of the 2020 season, I doubt the guy is capable of embarrassment.

• Upvote 2