Desperate for a Win (vs. RED SOX, 8/21) Behold, The Mountcastle

OFFNY

o

CB Brewer has  given out 9 Free Passes (8 Walks and 1 Hit Batsman) in only 14 Innings Pitched.

For his Major League career, Brewer has given out 52 Free Passes (49 Walks and 3 Hit Batsman) in only 78.33 Innings Pitched.

At AAA-Pawtucket in 2019, Brewer gave out 9 Free Passes (7 Walks and 2 Hit Batsman) in only 11 Innings Pitched.

BOSTON RED SOX

Kevin Pillar - RF

Rafael Devers Calcano - 3B

Julio Daniel "J.D." Martinez - DH

Xander Bogaerts - SS

Christian Vazquez - C

Alexander Verdugo - LF

Michael Chavis - 1B

Jackie Bradley, Jr. - CF

Jose Francisco Peraza Polo - 2B

Colten Bradley "C.B." Brewer - RHP )) (0-1, 4.50 ERA) 

BALTIMORE O RIOLES

Hanser Joel Alberto Pena - 2B

Anthony Santander - RF

Renato Nunez - 1B

Pedro Severino - DH

Rio Ruiz - 3B

RYAN LEE MOUNTCASTLE - LF )) *

Chance Thomas Leo Sisco - C

Patrick Valaika - SS

Boyce Cedric Mullins II - CF

John Alan Means - LHP )) (0-1, 10.57 ERA)

* Career Major League Debut

https://www.mlb.com/starting-lineups

o

20 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

CB Brewer has  given out 9 Free Passes (8 Walks and 1 Hit Batsman) in only 14 Innings Pitched.

For his Major League career, Brewer has given out 52 Free Passes (49 Walks and 3 Hit Batsman) in only 78.33 Innings Pitched.

At AAA-Pawtucket in 2019, Brewer gave out 9 Free Passes (7 Walks and 2 Hit Batsman) in only 11 Innings Pitched.

BOSTON RED SOX

Kevin Pillar - RF

Rafael Devers Calcano - 3B

Julio Daniel "J.D." Martinez - DH

Xander Bogaerts - SS

Christian Vazquez - C

Alexander Verdugo - LF

Michael Chavis - 1B

Jackie Bradley, Jr. - CF

Jose Francisco Peraza Polo - 2B

Colten Bradley "C.B." Brewer - RHP )) (0-1, 4.50 ERA) 

BALTIMORE O RIOLES

Hanser Joel Alberto Pena - 2B

Anthony Santander - RF

Renato Nunez - 1B

Pedro Severino - DH

Rio Ruiz - 3B

RYAN LEE MOUNTCASTLE - LF )) *

Chance Thomas Leo Sisco - C

Patrick Valaika - SS

Boyce Cedric Mullins II - CF

John Alan Means - LHP )) (0-1, 10.57 ERA)

* Career Major League Debut

https://www.mlb.com/starting-lineups

o

You know, this might be the best available lineup we have right now.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Randy Arozarena is another example of the surprise and unpredictability of the game. In his breakout years of 2019-2020, he had pretty scary stats, albeit with limited plate appearances. High average, and OPS+ of 135 and 182 respectively. Yikes! Since then, he's had 3 full ML years under his belt -- 2021, 2022 and 2023. He got slightly worse each year according to OPS+ (129, 123, 120) but that's not a huge backslide. 2022 was a big doubles year for him, then in 2023 he hit more home runs and fewer doubles. Last year he was a .254 hitter with 23 home runs, 19 doubles and 3 triples. With a 120 OPS+, he's still a major league piece you would want in a lineup. Then there's this year. In 230 PA -- about a third of a season -- he has shown a huge dropoff in hits. He's on pace to get about the same number of doubles and home runs as last year, but about 50 fewer hits. His OPS+ is half of last year's, and worse than ML average at 65. In recent years, he's been a batter I've dreaded to see at the plate against the O's. But this year, he's showing signs of Chris Davis syndrome with the batting average falling off a cliff. Perhaps not coincidentally, the Rays are not where they'd like to be at this point in the season with a losing record. Baseball is weird.
    • Love Cole Irvin as the guy who can move around a pitching staff and I'd be fine with him as the 4th/5th starter.   If you can get a guy and bump him into the spot starter/long man role, he will benefit this team more.
    • The #RisingTide doesn't stop when it starts inundating higher value MLB careers. It is an important decision for the Orioles to get right how many from 0-4 out of Heston Kjerstad, Coby Mayo, Jackson Holliday and Samuel Basallo ought to appear in an October 2024 lineup.     This is likely the singular season Corbin Burnes and Samuel Basallo can contribute cWPA to Baltimore. With about half the year to year player fluctuations and injury results in view, you can kind of MadLib the Orioles old outfielders that might still be unconstrained starters on other contenders with LF-CF-RF WAA weaknesses, and a medium strong middle reliever on those teams where maybe there is a 2024 balanced Bat for Arm situation. RF Santander back to Cleveland for Scott Barlow? CF Mullins to LA Dodgers for Daniel Hudson and/or Blake Treinen? LF Hays to Minnesota for Jorge Alcala?
    • IMHO there is close to a zero chance the O's would deal Mayo for Luzardo.  I have doubts we'd trade for him at all, but especially when names like Mayo come up.  Holliday, Mayo, and Basallo are top tier prospects (and Kjerstad is another highly rated one) but Luzardo, while very good, is not worth a top tier prospect. If the Marlins could net Kjerstad in their package I'd call that a win for them, but his inclusion also seems unlikely. To be clear, I'd love to add Luzardo, but like most trade ideas, what we'd give up would have to be agreeable.
    • The very concept is baffling  You are supposed to hit a round ball with an oblong bat and hit it Square.  That is very hard to do  No wonder only a very small % of people on the planet can do it very good.
    • I know the Brewers are in 1st, but I wonder if they'd be interested in trading Devin Williams if it was primarily MLB pieces being swapped. Looking at their roster, I feel they could use an OF and maybe a 1B/DH lefty bat.  When the time comes, I wonder if something built around around Williams for Ohearn, Santander could come into play? Depends on performance and need closer to All Star Break.  If Milwaukee thinks they can make a run and Williams was healthy, Id probably not trade him
    • I have long said that baseball is the ultimate reality show because you just never know what will happen, what personalities will emerge, what fresh talent will shine through.    Very curious to see the show Netflix is doing with the Red Sox this year. I don’t think it will be the last of its kind because behind the scenes of a MLB team for a season is endless drama. 
  • Popular Contributors