PLEASE, Alex ...... vs. RED SOX, 8/22

OFFNY

7 minutes ago, mrbig1 said:

Remember, only the Orioles can't score. with no outs and bases full.

o

That's the first time in franchise history in which the Orioles scored a run with the bases loaded and nobody out.

Even before they moved to Baltimore in 1954, the Browns never did in 52 seasons from 1902-1953, and the Brewers never did it in 1901.

o

30 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Rich Dauer started 0-for-26 in 1977.

28 minutes ago, SteveA said:

And wound up in the Orioles Hall of Fame !!!

o

Willie Mays started his career going 1-for-26 in 1951. 

He was able to turn around enough to claim the National League Rookie of the Year award in the National League that season.

o

Just now, OFFNY said:

o

Willie Mays started his career going 1-for-26. 

He was able to turn around enough to get the National League Rookie of the Year award for the National League that season.

o

Cal had a really bad start in ‘82.   7 for 60 but won ROY.    He was 5 for 39 in a Sept. call up in ‘81, so 12 for 99 overall before he turned it around.   

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Philip said:

Only Now?

Well, he didn't exactly have much to work with last year so I gave him a pass. I get what he's trying to do, but I think he has to make adjustments when it's clear his pitcher lost it. The problem is that Castro has struggled so bad against lefties this year and Hyde doesn't seem to trust Fry. 

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Well, he didn't exactly have much to work with last year so I gave him a pass. I get what he's trying to do, but I think he has to make adjustments when it's clear his pitcher lost it. The problem is that Castro has struggled so bad against lefties this year and Hyde doesn't seem to trust Fry. 

I think the problem was letting Sulser try a second inning. I think he’s ok for four outs or X number of pitches but Hyde Almost always leaves guys in too long.

3 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I was OK with it. The walk to JD was borderline intentional with the base open. He then walks Bogaerts. That's really the first sign he might be in trouble. You could take him out but as you said Sulser is the better matchup. Didn't work out but I'm OK with the thinking.