Dwight Smith DFA, Mason Williams up

Bill Swaggerty

6 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

I understand the double space after the period. I was taught that way too and had to unlearn it. That is actually how it was done with typewriters, I was being glib in my reference. The post I quoted and the one before it had four spaces.

I’m just glad if I can type a typo-free sentence in less than 5 minutes.   Spacing is the least of my many typing problems.   

• Upvote 1

In a normal year, I'd say we'd see him in September which is just a few days away, but not this year.

I doubt he stays with the organization after this year.   The writing appears to be on the wall, outfielder-wise.   Maybe someone else gives him a minor league contract and a camp invite.

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

In a normal year, I'd say we'd see him in September which is just a few days away, but not this year.

I doubt he stays with the organization after this year.   The writing appears to be on the wall, outfielder-wise.   Maybe someone else gives him a minor league contract and a camp invite.

I'm thinking KBO might fit his skill set.

26 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Pretty sad this was “their wish”

If he is such a great clubhouse guy, maybe he can serve as a coach or inspiration or whatever to the guys at the overflow camp.

I would rather they use their 60 spots on guys like Lowther, Bannon, Adam Hall, and Alexander Wells who haven't been at the camp. 

27 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Pretty sad this was “their wish”

And that kind of mentality that the organization can't afford to lose a Dwight Smith Jr really needs to go.  You can always get a DSJ, but why would you want to? 

If someone else had taken him, do they think he'll turn out like Yaz?  The Yaz thing is a once in a generation (maybe several generations) thing that could never have been predicted.  They can't let that affect anything they do in the future.        

• Upvote 1

I’m not going to dump on the guy too harshly.    He had a few moments, especially in the first half of 2019.     I’m glad we have better options for the major league roster and don’t mind if he’s stashed somewhere in case of emergency.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’m not going to dump on the guy too harshly.    He had a few moments, especially in the first half of 2019.     I’m glad we have better options for the major league roster and don’t mind if he’s stashed somewhere in case of emergency.   

True, but in 2020, if you use the word emergency, you think of another stoppage because of covid.

At least I do. :)