My gosh I missed you guys

Philip

We have reopened with a completely social/politics free format. No exemptions. No exceptions.  No questions. This includes me. All posters. Glad we could convince Tony to open our community back to us. I'm glad to see you this morning Philip. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Philip said:

I live in Texas, my wife is not a baseball fan, and the people I know who are baseball fans root for the Cardinals, Rockies, the Cubs, the Rangers and the Astros. Not many people even know there is a baseball team in Baltimore.

Talking about the game and the team is one of the necessary pleasures of experiencing it, and I was very annoyed the last few days when I had no one to complain to.

Because of rude treatment I no longer participate in CC, So this is the only place I can come for any kind of meaningful baseball discussion.

I’ve missed you guys, even the jerks. I don’t want to lose this site and I’ve made that clear by becoming a paying member.

I firmly support Tony, and agree with His comments and his reasons. Many people don’t, and that is one of the wonderful freedoms with which we get to live. But I am very happy to come here to talk about baseball and nothing else.

Tony! Thank you for turning the lights back on.

Meanwhile, baseball baseball... still 30 more days of weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Lets enjoy them!

A few questions. 1. What is CC?
2. Did the site acutally go dark for a few days. With a toddler at home, and with Orioles losing all the time, I hadn't been on in a few weeks.

32 minutes ago, weams said:

We have reopened with a completely social/politics free format. No exemptions. No exceptions.  No questions. This includes me. All posters. Glad we could convince Tony to open our community back to us. I'm glad to see you this morning Philip. 

The Hangout is my Orioles posting home. Glad it’s back up!

1 hour ago, Philip said:

I live in Texas, my wife is not a baseball fan, and the people I know who are baseball fans root for the Cardinals, Rockies, the Cubs, the Rangers and the Astros. Not many people even know there is a baseball team in Baltimore.

Talking about the game and the team is one of the necessary pleasures of experiencing it, and I was very annoyed the last few days when I had no one to complain to.

Because of rude treatment I no longer participate in CC, So this is the only place I can come for any kind of meaningful baseball discussion.

I’ve missed you guys, even the jerks. I don’t want to lose this site and I’ve made that clear by becoming a paying member.

I firmly support Tony, and agree with His comments and his reasons. Many people don’t, and that is one of the wonderful freedoms with which we get to live. But I am very happy to come here to talk about baseball and nothing else.

Tony! Thank you for turning the lights back on.

Meanwhile, baseball baseball... still 30 more days of weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Lets enjoy them!

I find the rude treatment is fairly typical. 

I experienced something very similar at the Russell Street Report board as well.

The regular guys talk down to you and throw the insults around. Then they chat about your banning before it happens.

for the record, I did not get banned and the board appears to be very poorly modded. 

But it must happen or they wouldn’t  have been constantly refer to it.

Just now, Roll Tide said:

I find the rude treatment is fairly typical. 

I experienced something very similar at the Russell Street Report board as well.

The regular guys talk down to you and throw the insults around. Then they chat about your banning before it happens.

for the record, I did not get banned and the board appears to be very poorly modded. 

But it must happen or they would have been constantly refer to it.

I didn’t get banned. I won’t go into detail but after the incident in question, I said F this and deleted my account. No loss.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, weams said:

Many of us have been sitting around wearing Orioles hats, swinging bats, and jonesing for O' info to ingest. Thanks!!

3 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

The Hangout is my Orioles posting home. Glad it’s back up!

I visited another site, and it was setup almost identical to this, like OH, some good people and some not good people.

I hated to see the hate they leased out on Tony.

Oh well, glad to our home back up. :)

21 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

I visited another site, and it was setup almost identical to this, like OH, some good people and some not good people.

I hated to see the hate they leased out on Tony.

Oh well, glad to our home back up. :)

Yeah it’s disappointing that people are like that! And disappointing that the site allowed it.

While I agree with Tony’s view, I was agitated that the board was shut down. I looked at other boards and it didn’t have the depth of knowledge as this one. I will leave it at that because I don’t know where the new line in the sand is. 
Glad to be back. Really missed it and going into the trade deadline nonetheless. Was jonesing for thoughts and discussion rather than articles and dumb comments at the bottom of said articles. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, allquixotic said:

What I can't get behind is:

1. There was (and always has been) a no politics rule.

2. The site gets temporarily shuttered because of the politics of the owner of the site.

3. The owner then posts a highly political screed on the front page of the website upon reinstating it.

4. The site is back, but "for reals" no politics now.

I realize the O's did something he didn't like. I also recognize that Tony has every right to shut down this site whenever he wants to -- he's under no obligation to keep it running. 

But it's like he has to have the last say, and then there's no politics. That's such a hypocritical and selfish way to behave, and when you combine that with the content of his politics (which I would have been fine to not know, but now I can't help but think of them when I think of OH), I can't stomach being here anymore.

So, I won't be back. I don't think anyone has a way to contact me other than the site, and I guess that's just Too Bad. I'll miss those of you who taught me about the game of baseball and how to be a fan for a mid-market team. 

Goodbye, and thanks for all the fish. If you, like me, found Tony's posts announcing the suspension and reopening of the site to be offensive, I hope you either follow me out, or can live with yourself as you remain.

o/

Preach. I've been toying with posting something similar but you hit the nail on the head. I couldn't agree more. 

I realize we are currently living in a highly politicized environment but I simply cannot patronize a site after reading that editorial. I vehemently disagree with it, and while some may view it as a small or insignificant action to leave the site, I am trying to do whatever I can to support progressive views currently. I want to be on the correct side of history. 

I will no longer be posting or visiting. Assuming I will get banned so it's been fun all. 

• Upvote 1