Yankees vs. ORIOLES 9-5

scOtt

16 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

Gerrit Cole will be credited with a Quality Start for tonight, because 4 of the 5 runs in which the Orioles scored were unearned. 

o

15 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

For those folks still concerned with quality starts.

o

Yeah, between that and the fact that I informed all of the Cardinal fans here on the OH about Adam Wainwright's 2020 season exploits, my posts in the game threads are sometimes marginally relevant. 

o

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Ruiz really seems shaky lately and he's not on the team for his offense.

If we exercise the option on Iggy, 3rd base is the only position we could likely attempt to upgrade from outside the organization without blocking someone.

Hays/Mullins/Santander/Mountcastle/Stewart/eventually Diaz will man the outfield, possibly with someone from that group seeing time at 1B or DH.

Iggy at short, Alberto at 2nd, Mancini at 1st if he is 100%, Nunez at DH.   Sisco/Pedro at C while we await Rutschman.

I like Rio and he has hit well for period of time but seems to be getting exposed some as a full time regular.

Just now, SteveA said:

If we exercise the option on Iggy, 3rd base is the only position we could likely attempt to upgrade from outside the organization without blocking someone.

Hays/Mullins/Santander/Mountcastle/Stewart/eventually Diaz will man the outfield, possibly with someone from that group seeing time at 1B or DH.

Iggy at short, Alberto at 2nd, Mancini at 1st if he is 100%, Nunez at DH.   Sisco/Pedro at C while we await Rutschman.

I like Rio and he has hit well for period of time but seems to be getting exposed some as a full time regular.

That is my thinking too. I wonder if Valaika could play 3B. Bannon could also get a chance.