Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Rene88

https://yanksgoyard.com/posts/brewers-spurning-yankees-in-corbin-burnes-trade-wasnt-so-ridiculous-after-all-01j1tdyyfv64

According to OAA, Ortiz has been the best defensive third baseman in the game. Offensively, he's more than held his own, posting an .817 OPS, .373 OBP and meriting All-Star consideration (though he hit the IL on Wednesday, likely eliminating him from the festivities). Despite Jones' surge in June, it's tough to justify placing him above Ortiz in any power ranking of either future or current impact. If you're going to trade Burnes and try to stay atop the Central, adding Ortiz seems like a pretty thoughtful way to accomplish your goals. No "Yankees Tax" to be found here.

• Thanks 1

On 7/6/2024 at 10:32 AM, Tony-OH said:

Poor Ryan McKenna, after going hitless in his 6 PAAs with the Giants then slashing  .174/.310/.217/.528 in 28 PAs in AAA for them, they sent him to AA where he looks pretty lost against Baysox pitching. 

He was leading off in last night's game and struck out looking from a 94 MPH Peter Van Loon fastball and they showed how walking back to the dugout and he looked like a man defeated. No sweat ban, no swagger, just looking like a guy who may be realizing his career is about over. 

He's only 27 so never say never, but the poor guy looked defeated last night. 

Yeah, I had the game playing in the background and just listening and they said "McKenna".  At that point I did a doubletake on the lineup in the event there was another McKenna and it was former O Ryan.  I'm sure he felt more at home in the O's minor league system.