Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Rene88

21 hours ago, interloper said:

It blows my mind that one of our affiliates was in Canada. I forgot about that. How silly. 

I loved it when the Marlins' AAA affiliate was in Edmonton.  By Google Maps that's a 45 hour drive without stops.  You can imagine the talk about shuffling the roster.  "Hey, we need a 5th starter who's not gassed on Thursday.  Where's Fred Smith?  3066 miles from here, skip.  Best case he's a 2-stop flight, through customs, and 17 hours from Miami.  I guess Thursday is a bullpen day..."

Edit: So I was curious.  I pulled up Kayak, and this Sunday you can get a one-way, one-stop flight from Edmonton to Miami for $260 on Air Canada (via Toronto) that leaves at 11pm and gets into Miami at 11 am.  Not exactly the 45 minute hop from BWI to Norfolk, but maybe workable in most cases.

• Haha 1

How the heck is this guy on a major league roster???????

Gerardo Parra, OF, Giants: The veteran is receiving heavy playing time, leading all minor-league signees with 63 plate appearances, but hasn’t yet justified it with his play. Parra carries only a .218/.302/.327 slash on the year. The roster spot could be at risk if the Giants ultimately find a better use for it, but the club needs decent veteran play in the outfield at the moment.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/04/minor-league-signees-seeing-significant-mlb-action-position-players.html

On 4/5/2019 at 6:22 PM, Moose Milligan said:

If what I just saw on sportscenter was correct, Beckham made 3 errors at SS for the Mariners today before the first out of the game was recorded.

I dont care about his errors, have youve seen his bloody bat???

2019 29 SEA AL 19 77 69 14 21 7 0 4 12 1 2 8 19 .304 .377 .580 .956

On 4/4/2019 at 11:21 PM, backwardsk said:

Good for him.  Shouldn't have to be on the player though.

Correct, its on the ushers.

I like that Oriole and Fedex stadium, put a text number up around the stadium. Where you can report unruly fans near you, without anybody knowing who told.

If I am at the game, the last thing I was to hear is potty mouth fans and totally unacceptable.

Basketball fans are the worse for talking trash.