Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Rene88

On 2/2/2024 at 12:50 PM, Can_of_corn said:

Wait...what?

skynews-drew-scanlon-blinking-white-guy_

I guess they were overly influenced by his two scoreless innings against them on Aug. 4 and 6.  I saw the Aug. 6 game and he was really impressive that day, retiring the side on 9 pitches and striking out two. 

• 2 weeks later...

In another world, Darell Hernaiz is kind of I guess having the same camp as Jackson Holliday...will he make the Club for Opening Day?

For the AL Rookie of the Year race, it seems like OAK could drop the full 600 PA on Hernaiz if he thrives.     Tyler Soderstrom and Lawrence Butler both under-ed 130 AB but over-ed 45 days of service so I think they are out of the race.

If correct, a Fangraphs Longenhagen question also suggests this CBA OAK may not even be eligible to be in the Top 10 of next year's draft, which would be prominent if they do something like lose 10 more games than anyone else in the league.

1:26
Billy G: In addition to all the relocation stuff for the A’s, they’ve really gotten screwed a bit with the draft lottery. Sixth pick in a draft that had five “first overall” types in most years. Now fourth in a weak draft. And if I’m reading the CBA correctly, they can’t pick top 10 next year regardless of how bad they are. Even if I stick with them to Vegas, is there any hope?

1:28
Eric A Longenhagen: Bro, it’s a sad situation. The people who work for that org in the front office, dev and scouting, as well as the players themselves, all deserve better. What must it be like to be Tyler Soderstrom or Gelof right now and know you’re going to spend the next couple of years grinding for its own sake. It could be career-altering for their young players to be in such a weird, awkward bind like that and attempt to motivate eacother just because.

17 hours ago, Just Regular said:

Nice performance by Drew Rom today on the road against six Astros regulars.

After the FA binge by the Cardinals, Roster Resource has their rotation ages 34 35 36 36 32, but Matthew Liberatore is probably Next Man Up before him.

That was a strange spending spree on old guys by them. Spending on short-term wins before Arenado/Goldschmidt fade into the sunset I suppose. 

7 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

That was a strange spending spree on old guys by them. Spending on short-term wins before Arenado/Goldschmidt fade into the sunset I suppose. 

Kind of like "triple Alex Cobbs" for Manny and Adam.     

Looks like John Mozeliak is only about 55 years old.

18 hours ago, Just Regular said:

Nice performance by Drew Rom today on the road against six Astros regulars.

After the FA binge by the Cardinals, Roster Resource has their rotation ages 34 35 36 36 32, but Matthew Liberatore is probably Next Man Up before him.

I was listening to a Cardinals preview this weekend and they mentioned 2-3 guys who might get the call if the old guys faltered, none of whom were Rom.  

43 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

Yeah thats probably exactly what their doing,.. you got aging vet stars, might as well make a run.