Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Rene88

53 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

The 1987 season wasn’t memorable. 

I got married July 12 of that year.  It was memorable for me.  Just not the baseball part.  

Actually, now that I look, Washington’s first game was July 10, the night of my bachelor party, which began at that game but certainly didn’t end there.  One of the craziest games I ever attended — check out the box score.   Washington batted second, behind the immortal Alan Wiggins.  Look at the back and forth in that game!

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I got married July 12 of that year.  It was memorable for me.  Just not the baseball part.  

Actually, now that I look, Washington’s first game was July 10, the night of my bachelor party, which began at that game but certainly didn’t end there.  One of the craziest games I ever attended — check out the box score.   Washington batted second, behind the immortal Alan Wiggins.  Look at the back and forth in that game!

Wow!  13-12.  Big night for Fred Lynn.  Dave Schmidt gets the quick hook after .1 IP.

12 hours ago, Frobby said:

Damn Frobby, great memory!

Yusniel Diaz, OF

HT: 6-1 WT: 215 B-T: R-R
2023 Club: Double-A Tulsa (Dodgers)
94 G: .278/.374/.484 (139 OPS+) with 16 HR and 56 BB 
2024 Age: 27

Diaz has to be the only minor league free agent who has ranked as an organizational No. 1 prospect, has played in the Futures Game and was traded for a possible Hall of Famer.

Signed by the Dodgers out of Cuba in 2015, Diaz emerged at Double-A Tulsa in 2018 by hitting .314 with more walks than strikeouts. He hit two home runs in the Futures Game that year and was traded to the Orioles shortly thereafter as the centerpiece of the Manny Machado trade.

Diaz ranked as Baltimore’s No. 1 prospect heading into 2019. Injuries scuttled his first full season with the Orioles, and then he lost 2020 to the pandemic. He never got back on track in subsequent seasons, undone by injuries and lack of production. Diaz took only one at-bat for Baltimore in 2022 and left as a minor league free agent after the season, winding up back with the Dodgers.

Diaz was old for Double-A but finished the season with a .965 OPS and 11 homers in his final 50 games. The right voice in his ear and the right effort level could help him get closer to his ceiling as an on-base-oriented corner outfielder—but time is running out. 

• Upvote 1