Erbe rocked again.

Chollie Eckman

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drop out of the top 10 of what? Prospects? God no!

But you have to continue to ask why on earth he has been left in to get killed like this a few times this year.

Theres not much chance he's gonna stay on any of the top 100 lists this offseason barring a major turnaround.

I'm still a big fan of the kid and think he's gonna be a stud if he stays healthy, but he's clearly taken a major step back this year. He's still got enough time to take another major step back next year, spend two years getting back to even, then two years making strides forward, and still hitting the majors at a young age. Hopefully he can turn things around down the stretch this year and then have a real solid year next year.

Maybe him getting hit harder is due in some part to lifting the restrictions that were on him his first two seasons. He had gotten used to the low pitch counts and innings and perhaps stretching him out longer than that has had an adverse affect on his arm in following starts. If so, he should be able to adjust to a normal workload eventually, just need to retrain his arm to handle it, which will only take time.

But you have to continue to ask why on earth he has been left in to get killed like this a few times this year.

You mean not relieved for? SOP in the minors, for some players at least. They want the pitchers to learn how to work out of jams or pitch when they don't have their best stuff.

Are people really ready to give up on a 19-YO pitcher struggling at A+ ball? Sure, there are reasons to be concerned, but some of you are talking like he's no longer a prospect. Show me a player Erbe's age having consistent success at that level or higher, and I'll show you one of the top 10 or 20 prospects in baseball.

Are people really ready to give up on a 19-YO pitcher struggling at A+ ball? Sure, there are reasons to be concerned, but some of you are talking like he's no longer a prospect. Show me a player Erbe's age having consistent success at that level or higher, and I'll show you one of the top 10 or 20 prospects in baseball.

I'm not giving up on him. There's just something fishy going on there.

He dominated- DOMINATED- in the HOF game and has been wishy washy since. Something is wrong.

We've had this argument. I say it's Bergesen.

You got to be kidding me right?? Bergesen was good at Delmarva but at Frederick he had 1 very good game and then a poor one which has been the scenerio of late with all our pitchers. I think there is something wrong in the developing of pitchers at Frederick. Hernandez was strong in April and May and hasn't be heard since, Spoone has been very inconistent and Erbe just isn't getting it done. I just think it has to be the instruction or lack of from their pitching coach. I know I was a strong supporter earlier in the year, but after watching our prospect pitching poorly lately, something is wrong!! It's frustrating seeing them pitch this poorly when you know they have the potential to do better.

Archived