Sanchez signs for 1 million

Philip

I like Sanchez at this price. He upgrades the defense at 2B and has enough utility to be a decent utility guy. He's a switch hitter who hits righties better than lefties. 

I do think this puts a lot of pressure on Alberto to sign cheaply or the Orioles could move on from him with Urias in the fold. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I like Sanchez at this price. He upgrades the defense at 2B and has enough utility to be a decent utility guy. He's a switch hitter who hits righties better than lefties. 

Can Sanchez play shortstop?  Certainly would increase his value as an infield utility option.

12 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I do think this puts a lot of pressure on Alberto to sign cheaply or the Orioles could move on from him with Urias in the fold. 

Doesn’t matter which side he hits from! He’s a poor hitter either way. 

This is good news.  Will be interested to see what happens with Alberto.  I wouldn't be surprised if they keep him and try a platoon with Alberto against lefties.  

Sanchez is better against righties, but that's not saying much, he's still bad.  But if you have him in there, his defense is still probably better than Alberto.

50 minutes ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

Wouldn’t mind him as the short side of a platoon with Ruiz and occasional fill in at 2B if Sánchez or Iglesias need days off. 

Not a bad idea. From the baseball side of things. I am not sure from the $ side of it. Depends on where his salary lands. I still would like to see Bannon get a shot. 

55 minutes ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

What’s this have to do with Severino?

The question is why sign Severino at all, but also, why sign him for so much. If they were able to get gold glove defense for only $1 million why does it cost so much to get Severino who does not offer gold glove defense, When it is desperately needed at catcher.

15 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Doesn’t matter which side he hits from! He’s a poor hitter either way. 

True, though he hits like a utility guy from the left side at least. He's 28 so this is nothing more than a place holder. My guess he upgrades the defense enough at 2B that Elias pictures some great up the middle defense behind his potentially young pitching staff.

4 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

True, though he hits like a utility guy from the left side at least. He's 28 so this is nothing more than a place holder. My guess he upgrades the defense enough at 2B that Elias pictures some great up the middle defense behind his potentially young pitching staff.

That's kinda where I was...

Sanchez 2B

Valaika 3B

• Upvote 1