Orioles Lose Zach Pop and Grey Fenter in Rule Five

weams

Just now, Frobby said:

Who’s Connor Greene?

J/K, sort of.   

Haha, you really haven't been following spring training very closely this year, have you. ;)

I had no idea who he was when the Orioles signed him and invited him to spring training, but I like the stuff from what I've seen in his TV outing as well as his stat tracker info.

34 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Come on man, you know I meant Connor Greene.

Just to make sure, I googled Tyler Greene, and he played for the Cardinals on their 2011 WS team, so I was thinking,” when did we pick this guy up, and why is Tony excited about him?”

So yeah, for a bit I wasn’t sure at all...

4 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Haha, you really haven't been following spring training very closely this year, have you. ;)

I had no idea who he was when the Orioles signed him and invited him to spring training, but I like the stuff from what I've seen in his TV outing as well as his stat tracker info.

He’s making a strong case, including today.   

Steve Melewski gives us an account of Gray Fenter's experience with the Cubbies.

“Whether I made the team or not, my main goal of spring was to basically walk in and be the biggest sponge I could be,” he said. “I wouldn’t say there was necessarily one main guy that helped me. As a collective, everyone was very open and honest about where my stuff fit and played and what I would need to do to get guys out at the big league level.”

https://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2021/03/back-with-the-orioles-gray-fenter-sizes-up-his-rule-5-experience-3.html

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

The 90-day clock begins. We'll see! I think it's clear Elias is extremely concerned about innings. Even Sulser can go multiple innings, so that probably had something to do with it. 

No GM is perfect, he took a calculated risk and missed with it (so far), but overall it just means our depth has significantly improved. 

21 minutes ago, UMDTerrapins said:

We all make mistakes. He screwed this one. If Wells pans out then it won’t feel as bad, but it’ll still be justifying a decision that was always puzzling. 

Wells could win the CY and it would have zero to do with the stupid decision making to let Pop be exposed.