#9 Prospect - Zach Britton

Tony-OH

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah yeah yeah, Greg. Your glass may be half-full. But mine's three-quarters empty. ;)
Yeah yeah yeah, LJ... I have nothing witty to say... my bad. :D

"Isn't the meaning here dependent on the contents of the glass? If we're talking about a glass of crap, I'll take three-quarters empty... What if we're talking about baby's blood? Then, it would be dependent on whether the glass of baby's blood is going into the baby or coming out of the baby."

-Demetri Martin (paraphrased, I'm sure)

Sorry for the railroading. I couldn't resist.

"Isn't the meaning here dependent on the contents of the glass? If we're talking about a glass of crap, I'll take three-quarters empty... What if we're talking about baby's blood? Then, it would be dependent on whether the glass of baby's blood is going into the baby or coming out of the baby."

-Demetri Martin (paraphrased, I'm sure)

Sorry for the railroading. I couldn't resist.

Demetri Martin is great, btw.

How much does this guy compare to Olson? They seem to be one in the same--soft-tossing lefties who finesse the hitters.

I hope there something different between the two because I have not been impressed at all with Olson.

For what its worth, Olson was a very good pitcher in the minors with good command: the command is what was missing this season, particularly on the fastball which resulted in him getting absolutely rocked some outings.

For what its worth, Olson was a very good pitcher in the minors with good command: the command is what was missing this season, particularly on the fastball which resulted in him getting absolutely rocked some outings.

Some outings? He had a 6.65 era, which was the worst ERA of all rookie starters. He had only 6 QS's out of 26 outings and it wasn't like he just got thrown in the fire this year, he had 7 previous starts in the bigs last year. Olson has to be the most overrated player on this board this side of Knott, and House.

Some outings? He had a 6.65 era, which was the worst ERA of all rookie starters. He had only 6 QS's out of 26 outings and it wasn't like he just got thrown in the fire this year, he had 7 previous starts in the bigs last year. Olson has to be the most overrated player on this board this side of Knott, and House.

What standards are you using to say he had the worst ERA of all rookie starters?

Clay Buckholz, Radhames Liz, Greg Reynolds, Ian Kennedy, Homer Bailey, Luis Mendoza, Jack Cassell, and Pat Misch are all guys who lost their rookie status this year and had higher ERA's than Olson. I'm sure there are a few more.

Sarfate lost rookie status this year and had an ERA over 10.00 as a starter. Obviously, Buckholz, Kennedy, and Bailey are much more highly touted than Olson.

Archived