Heyman: Yankees will pursue Teixeira hard...as we all expected, I suppose

DrLev

Wanting to see one = willing to spend $120M on annual payroll to get one.

Is he saying that?

I think he is willing to do whatever AM says needs to be done in order to win. Does he want Tex? He sure does. Will he sign Tex? Who knows? Tex holds the cards not PA. I won't guarantee anything other then we will be winners sooner rather then later.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think he is willing to do whatever AM says needs to be done in order to win. Does he want Tex? He sure does. Will he sign Tex? Who knows? Tex holds the cards not PA. I won't guarantee anything other then we will be winners sooner rather then later.

If it comes down to money vs. the Yankees to get Tex, do you think he tops the Yankees offer?

I could see us letting him re-sign with the Angels, but no way do I see Angelos allowing the Yankees to outspend him to get Tex.

If they go upwards of 25 million per year for Tex, I will be very disappointed. There is no way he deserves ARod money, and there is no justification to pay him that much.

He is an excellent player, but he is not a top 5 player and he should not command 20+ million a year.

If it comes down to money vs. the Yankees to get Tex, do you think he tops the Yankees offer?

I could see us letting him re-sign with the Angels, but no way do I see Angelos allowing the Yankees to outspend him to get Tex.

Depends on his demands I guess. Lets say Boras and Tex want ARod money. No way would he be worth that kind of deal nor would I want to see us give him that kind of deal.

If they go upwards of 25 million per year for Tex, I will be very disappointed. There is no way he deserves ARod money, and there is no justification to pay him that much.

He is an excellent player, but he is not a top 5 player and he should not command 20+ million a year.

I agree. I want them to sign Tex but that's ridiculous money. And that would get a fair amount of pitching.

Depends on his demands I guess. Lets say Boras and Tex want ARod money. No way would he be worth that kind of deal nor would I want to see us give him that kind of deal.

Btw ARod is not worth ARod money. Yankees suck! Boy I love saying that!:D

I could see him getting a Manny contract, 8/160 with options to push it to 10/200.

I believe his initial demands will be 10/230 if I remember correctly. He wants a 10 year deal. And I think that deal Ramirez got from the Red Sox could be something that could work for Tex.

I could see him getting a Manny contract, 8/160 with options to push it to 10/200.

I believe his initial demands will be 10/230 if I remember correctly. He wants a 10 year deal. And I think that deal Ramirez got from the Red Sox could be something that could work for Tex.

I think 8/160 is probably the highest I would go.

That would be my ceiling. Anything higher is nuts.

You can't give Tex a blank check...He isn't THAT good and no one is going to.

I still think people are blowing his potential contract out of proportion..Maybe I will be wrong but Tex isn't looked at as an elite talent.

I really don't want to go more than 6 years but if i did, the salaries would have to be far less per year.

For 6 years, i would go up to 22 million a year.

For 7 years, I would go up to 20 milion a year.

For 8 years, I would go up to 18 million per year.

Really, Tex DESERVES something like 5/90. But with the way FA is and with some high dollar teams in play, he will get far more than that. The unknown question is, how much more?

And, how high are the Orioles willing to go.

I don't think we offer him something insane but I do agree with JTrea that PA is going to want to go down fighting if it is the O's vs the Yanks.

Cashman coming back to the Yanks may help us.

Archived