Minor league rosters

ChuckS

3 hours ago, KarlofDelaware said:

Texas Rangers have released their breakcamp rosters.  For the last few years they have been the first team to reveal who will be on their farm teams. Most major league teams release rosters about 4-5 days after Texas. 

Maybe not this year.  I just looked back at 2019, and break camp rosters were announced on March 29 for a season starting April 4.    This season starts May 4, so if the O’s followed that pattern this year, break camp rosters would be announced today.    Hope so, I could use the diversion.  

Every year for the past decade I guess on the Delmarva Shorebirds break camp roster before it is released. My best year was 75% correct and my worst was 45%.  This year will be more difficult as 1) no minor league season in 2020, and 2) less info leaking out of Twin Lakes in Sarasota as to how spring training is going.  But here goes:

catcher: burgess, cody roberts, yett

infield: g. henderson, hernaiz, joey ortiz, daschbach, mayo, carmona

outfield: haskins, sparks, zach watson, janvrin, louis gonzalez

pitcher: peek, magee, hammer, brinovich, roth, strowd, mclarty, lyons, leonardo rodriquez, zebron, easton lucas, mcsweeny, farmer, louis ortiz, gillispie, 

From Roch's Blog this morning.  Very annoying that they are going to wait until Tuesday!

Orioles minor leaguers are breaking spring training camp today and heading north, hitting the road and catching flights to join their respective affiliates for the resumption of a season that never got off the ground in 2020.

Teams will announce their rosters on Tuesday as an attachment to opening day.