Bruce Zimmerman 2021

Il BuonO

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

That’s three very solid outings for Zim.    Too bad his run support was lacking.   He used it all up in that first start!

I was only following on GameDay, but he seemed to be losing command in the final inning, based on the pitch locations I saw.   And on the day, he only threw 57% strikes.   Still, he did a nice job.  

Not as good as his first 2 starts, but he didn't have his good stuff, his good FB and command. GUTTED it out tho. Ben was impressed that he did.

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

That’s three very solid outings for Zim.    Too bad his run support was lacking.   He used it all up in that first start!

I was only following on GameDay, but he seemed to be losing command in the final inning, based on the pitch locations I saw.   And on the day, he only threw 57% strikes.   Still, he did a nice job.  

9 baserunners, including 2 home runs.  Only 2 strikeouts. That’s a really poor outing in my opinion.  But I didn’t watch the game. 

1 hour ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

The offense needs to start scoring some runs. Three runs total today in two 7 inning games. 

This offense isn't going to score runs consistently.  I've said it before, I'll say it again...too many strikeouts, low OBP.  This team will slump and slump hard.  Boom or bust.

12 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

This offense isn't going to score runs consistently.  I've said it before, I'll say it again...too many strikeouts, low OBP.  This team will slump and slump hard.  Boom or bust.

Most definitely and too many Orioles have started out the season in a slump. So it's mighty tough sledding right now. Zimmerman pitched well enough to win if he got any support from the offense. 

I just wonder.   Could it be that in recent years we drafted mostly Pitchers, if we did, because that is where  rebuilding usually begins.  Now it is painfully obvious that position players are so mediocre that they cannot hit good at all, with 1 or 2 exceptions,  up and down the batting order?    Have thought about this for a while, and wonder if that is correct?  

o

In 7 out of their last 8 games, the Marlins' offense scored a total of 47 runs (an average of 6.7 runs per game) ...... the one exception was when they were shut out by a score of 1-0 by the Giants on Sunday.

FLORIDA MARLINS ))))) (APRIL 21st)

Jasrado "Jazz" Prince Hermis Arrington Chisholm, Jr. - 2B

Miguel Elias Rojas Naidernoff - SS

Jesus Aguilar - 1B

Adam Duvall - RF

McKenzie Corey Dickerson - LF

Lewis Brinson - CF

Jonathon David "J.D." Berti - 3B

Sandy David Leon Lopez - C 

Trevor J'Daniel Rogers - LHP )) (1-1, 2.40 ERA)

https://www.baseballpress.com/Lineups

o