Alexander Verdugo - RF

Xander Bogaerts - SS

Christian Vazquez - DH

Rafael Devers Calcano - 3B

Marwin Gonzalez - LF

Christian Arroyo - 2B

Bobby Dalbec - 1B

Kevin Jeffrey "K.J." Plawecki - C

Garret Richards - RHP ) (0-1, 27.00 ERA)

https://www.baseballpress.com/Lineups

o

Is JD Martinez injured?

24 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

This is all that I know, Walt ......

"We do believe that he's going to be back with us tomorrow."

Alex Cora, on J.D. Martinez' absence from tonight's lineup.

https://twitter.com/NESN/status/1381004868748517385?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

o

40 minutes ago, LA2 said:

Is JD Martinez injured?

Martinez is in the Covid protocol with cold symptoms.

https://www.yardbarker.com/mlb/articles/red_sox_dh_jd_martinez_placed_in_mlbs_covid_protocol_with_cold_symptoms/s1_13132_34598816

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Thanks. I wish him well, but m also glad that the only truly fearsome bat left on the Sox is not in their lineup tonight.

LATER: Oh I guess Devers does pretty well in OPACY too. ☹️

Nice game overall though for Zimm.

o

As was the case with his first start of the 2021 season, Zimmermann was very pitch-efficient, and had an excellent Strikes-to-Balls ratio )(61 )Strikes, )24 )Balls) ...... in fact, after the 23-pitch 1st inning, he threw a total of 62 pitches over the next 5 innings (12.4 pitches-per-inning.)

Not including the player thrown out at home plate and the runner picked off of 1st base, 69% of the outs that Zimmermann recorded (11 out of 16) came via the Groundout and the Strikeout.

18 OUTS: )  7 Groundouts, 4 Strikeouts, 3 Flyouts, 1 Popout, 1 Foulout, 1 Picked Off of 1st Base, 1 Thrown Out at Home Plate

BRUCE ANTHONY ZIMMERMAN )))))))) (vs. RED SOX, 4/10)

IP:lll6

H:llll.7 ) l(1 Home Run, 2 Doubles, 4 Singles)

R:llll 3

BB:ll1

SO:ll4

Pitches: l) 85 )(61 )Strikes, )24 )Balls)

2021 ERA: l) 4.50 )  12.00 IP  (6 ER) 

2021 WHIP: l)  1.083  )  12.00 IP  (13 H/BB) 

2021 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: l)  .250  )(11 for 44)   

PITCHES BY INNING  

23 llll(15 lllStrikes, llllllBalls)

12 llll(8lllStrikes, llllllBalls)

10 llll(8lllStrikes, llllllBalls)

91 llll(8lllStrikes, llllllBalls)

14 lllll(10 lllStrikes, lllllllBalls)

17 lllll(12 lllStrikes, lllllllBalls)

o

He has looked solid so far.  The stuff has been good enough to with the uptick in velocity that he had last year staying.  He could easily be a 4th starter on this team in the future when we hope to contend.  I am just as excited to get minor leagues started as the regular season as we haven’t seen anything from the top pitching prospects and just few talking points from the 60 man squad last year.   It will be about 20 months for some guys in facing minor league talent in an actual game.  The sim games may have helped some of them but hopefully by next month us fans will see some of those improvements.

Ehhh, I dunno.  He looked alright yesterday but he was at 23 pitches in the first inning when the Sox ran into the 3rd out on that rundown. He could have easily gotten over 30 pitches in that inning with the way things were going.  

But he settled down and he had some pitch efficient innings.  IMO, he's a mixed bag but that's fine if he's towards the back of the rotation.

Looks like he could be a solid innings-eating 4th-5th starter. Each outing he had one really inefficient inning that drove up his pitch count. If he can learn to avoid that going forward, the dude will be a life saver for the bullpen. I doubt his ERA will stay much south of 4.50 long-term though

10 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Ehhh, I dunno.  He looked alright yesterday but he was at 23 pitches in the first inning when the Sox ran into the 3rd out on that rundown. He could have easily gotten over 30 pitches in that inning with the way things were going.  

But he settled down and he had some pitch efficient innings.  IMO, he's a mixed bag but that's fine if he's towards the back of the rotation.

Zimmermann is going to be a very solid pitcher for a long time: 3-4 FIP, lots of Ks, lots of happy fans, but no perfect games or no-hitters.

I actually haven’t compared them, but he reminds me a lot of the Chris Tillman’s of the world. Unsung, but valuable.

o

SEATTLE MARINERS )))))) (APRIL 14th) )))))) [GAME TWO]

Mitchell Haniger - RF

Tyler France - 2B

Kyle Seager - 3B

Luis Alfonso Torrens Saez - DH

Thomas James "T.J." Murphy, Jr. - C

Evan White - 1B

Taylor Walter-Lee Trammell - CF

Dylan Moore - LF

John Paul "J.P." Crawford - SS

Justin Warren Dunn - RHP )) (0-0, 5.79 ERA)

https://www.baseballpress.com/Lineups

o

o

For the 3rd consecutive time in as many starts, Zimmermann was relatively pitch-efficient early in the game ...... but his Strikes-to-Balls ratio was not not as sharp this time out, though )(47 )Strikes, )40 )Balls) ...... and instead of 1 inefficient inning in terms of pitch-count (as was the case in his first 2 starts of the season), this time he had 2 of them.

This was the 2nd consecutive outing in which Zimmermann picked off a runner from 1st base.

Not including the runner picked off of 1st base, 64% of the outs that Zimmermann recorded (9 out of 14) came via the Groundout and the Strikeout.

15 OUTS: )  6 Groundouts (Including 1 Double Play), 3 Lineouts, 2 Strikeouts, 2 Flyouts, 1 Picked Off of 1st Base

BRUCE ANTHONY ZIMMERMAN )))))) (vs. MARINERS, 4/15) )))))) [GAME TWO]

IP:lll5

H:llll.6 ) l(2 Home Runs, 4 Singles)

R:llll 2

BB:ll3

SO:ll2

Pitches: l) 87 )(47 )Strikes, )40 )Balls)

2021 ERA: l) 4.24 )  17.00 IP  (8 ER) 

2021 WHIP: l)  1.294  )  17.00 IP  (22 H/BB) 

2021 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: l)  .270  )(17 for 63)   

PITCHES BY INNING  

15 llll(9lllStrikes, lll61 lllBalls)

11 llll(7llllStrikes, lll41 lllBalls)

12 llll(8lllStrikes, lll41 lllBalls)

26 lllll(13 llllStrikes, ll13 lllllBalls)

23 lllll(13 llllStrikes, ll10 lllllBalls)

o

That’s three very solid outings for Zim.    Too bad his run support was lacking.   He used it all up in that first start!

I was only following on GameDay, but he seemed to be losing command in the final inning, based on the pitch locations I saw.   And on the day, he only threw 57% strikes.   Still, he did a nice job.  

• Thanks 1