Dean Kremer 2021

Il BuonO

On 5/21/2021 at 11:29 AM, OrioleDog said:

On this part of it, I feel like if the CBA doesn't make some roster adjustments about pitching carousels, the ONLY pitchers teams are going to want 80+ pitches from is the best guys.   The carousel just lets them play full court press all the time with the bottom 50-75% of MLB pitchers, and makes the concept of the Bottom 30-40% of MLB pitchers meaningless.   Those are just roster spots to stream whatever Bulk Reliever or One Inning Guy is in good form this week.

Agree 100%. I'm a fan of the 3 batter minimum rule to improve the game's pace, but if the league addressed the revolving door policy as you note, teams would rethink how they handle pitchers. 

• 3 weeks later...

I didn’t watch a lot yesterday, but it seems like Kremer pitched a pretty good game, allowing only 4 hits and no walks in 5.1 innings.   He only threw 71 pitches, 47 for strikes.   One of the hits was the play where Stewart slipped and the ball fell in for a hit.   Besides that play, the O’s made two errors and had a passed ball.   A little better defense and he might have gone 7 innings and won that game.   I know he only struck out 2 batters, but he didn’t pitch too badly.  

• 2 weeks later...

Didn’t watch tonight, was on a road trip. 

Not surprised that he had a bad start. Mildly surprised he only managed to get one out, if I’m reading the box score correctly. 

He’s getting worse, not better, IMO. Pretty sure he’s JAG material. 

But it’s not like we have other outstanding options this season. Keep sending him out, let his brains get beat in and see if he can turn it around. 

2 minutes ago, vab said:

I try to stay away from overreactions to one game but wow - no more of that kid in Baltimore this year. He has to be rebuilt from the ground up, he is mentally shot. 

Mentally shot on a team that can’t get runs in and has nobody else to get wins. Kremer was never a dynamite prospect, but he’s better than this, and I think the quality of the players/record around him has shattered whatever ability and confidence he had. 

9 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

No way, Arrieta had better pure stuff.  

The stats at the levels and ages disagree with this throughout the minors and limited innings in the majors.  The Cubs version of Jake had better stuff but not the Orioles version.  

Kremer isn’t complicated. He will never amount to anything until he commands the ball better. His stuff can play but not with command like he has. Until that changes nothing will change. He will have a start where he looks good then the next one he is terrible. No consistency. 

10 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

The stats at the levels and ages disagree with this throughout the minors and limited innings in the majors.  The Cubs version of Jake had better stuff but not the Orioles version.  

Jake had some filthy stuff with the Orioles. Then he would implode in the same game he was dominant in.