Dean Kremer 2021

Il BuonO

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Too much in the middle of the plate.  Palmer not liking Severino either.  

Palmer blaming that lack of command on Severino not setting a target.

I don't know.  I love Palmer.  He knows what he's talking about.  But I have to put that pretty far down the list of problems.

2 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Palmer blaming that lack of command on Severino not setting a target.

I don't know.  I love Palmer.  He knows what he's talking about.  But I have to put that pretty far down the list of problems.

And I think Palmer would agree with that.  

Kremer is like many young arms..it’s all about command, especially fastball command.  You either improve it and you end up a starter or you don’t and you end up a reliever.  

Considering that young arms we have coming up, he might want to get his command better soon.

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Kremer is like many young arms..it’s all about command, especially fastball command.  You either improve it and you end up a starter or you don’t and you end up a reliever.  

Considering that young arms we have coming up, he might want to get his command better soon.

Yea, he's only got a couple of years before the highly regarded ones will get called up.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Not to depress anybody, but so far I count two that will be more credentialed when they get here than Kremer.

And they'll only need a #4 and a #5 if they both pitch to expectations. Im not worried about the O's finding two back end starters to fill out the rotation. 

1 minute ago, jabba72 said:

And they'll only need a #4 and a #5 if they both pitch to expectations. Im not worried about the O's finding two back end starters to fill out the rotation. 

If Rodriguez and Hall both pitch to expectations, which imo would be #2s, I'd be shocked.

I'm not sure what to make of Kremer.  One minute I think he's a guy that has some really good stuff and he needs to trust it more than he does.  In a way, kind of like Bedard needed to stop nibbling and start attacking.

Other times I look at him and just think he doesn't have the command to compete.  It's hard to say so far.  

We have a lot of guys to go through, some of them aren’t going to make it at all, others will disappoint, a few will succeed. I’m not really that excited about anybody except Wells. I really want to see him, because I dream about Greg Maddux being reborn in Australia.

and Baumann!!!! Where the asterisk is Baumann?

4 hours ago, PHRESH said:

One might even say he better figure it out before the cavalry arrives. 

This is the “Calvary”. Zimmerman, Akin, Lowther, Kremer, Wells, and Baumann. We need these guys to produce at some point this season. Hall and GRod are highly regarded, but we don’t know how far they are away. OD 2023?  We need 2-3 of the above to become MLB SPs or we’re not competing.