Keegan Akin 2021

Il BuonO

3 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

His FIP is 5.07.  Which isn't great at all, but significantly better than what his real ERA is.  

I at least have some hope that Akin can be a bullpen arm now when just a couple weeks ago he looked ready to make his KBO debut.

Akin making the Orioles out of spring training next year doesn't seem so crazy now. Of course circumstances can change over the next month. 

4 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I at least have some hope that Akin can be a bullpen arm now when just a couple weeks ago he looked ready to make his KBO debut.

Akin making the Orioles out of spring training next year doesn't seem so crazy now. Of course circumstances can change over the next month. 

No doubt he'd be great in the KBO.  

We're getting excited about 3 decent starts in a row, let's dial it back a little.  Even Daniel CaBBrera had stretches where he looked like he was getting it together.

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

No doubt he'd be great in the KBO.  

We're getting excited about 3 decent starts in a row, let's dial it back a little.  Even Daniel CaBBrera had stretches where he looked like he was getting it together.

Mike Wright had brief stretches where he looked good, so yeah. I want see Akin be consistent for an extended stretch before thinking he's turned a corner. 

2 hours ago, Il BuonO said:

Let’s hope he can avoid the rough inning and get close to the 7th. Then, they can turn it over to Scott and get the desired result.

Nope.   He pitches well,  gave up 2 runs,  then Scott came in and had given up 3 more so far.   Very disappointing.

Edited by forphase1
Spelling