Losing Loewen?

tywright

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The O's toook a chance on Loewen, should have, and it didn't work out. Shouldn't be too hard to move on though considering our stockpile of young arms in the minors that are already more promising than he ever was.

Why are people shocked? No franchise in the history of sports has mis-handled the draft and developing prosecpts worse than the Orioles of the last decade. Not even the Detroit Lions have been this bad (although it's close).

I don't really see how this is a big deal. I don't particularly like Loewen's decision (if indeed, this is what it is) but it doesn't seem like mismanagement by the Orioles. Other than an injury, what does this situation (which is very unique) have to do with our drafting and developing?

Why are people shocked? No franchise in the history of sports has mis-handled the draft and developing prosecpts worse than the Orioles of the last decade. Not even the Detroit Lions have been this bad (although it's close).

Oh please, this has nothing to do with mis-handling the draft or developing prospects...when Loewen was drafted everyone here was happy. He had to given him a ML deal or he would have gone back into the draft. This is another one of those things that really bug me about sports players. He had his agent working on a deal with us, and then all of a sudden another team sweeps in...loyalty doesn't exist anymore and it drives me bonkers...

I don't really see how this is a big deal. I don't particularly like Loewen's decision (if indeed, this is what it is) but it doesn't seem like mismanagement by the Orioles. Other than an injury, what does this situation (which is very unique) have to do with our drafting and developing?

Speaking very genreally, this again boils down to a top pick in the draft that, in the end, provided us with next to nothing in terms of on-field performance.

Archived