Here’s an idea: don’t walk the bases loaded!

Frobby

OK, this is really more of a rant than an insightful post.   But both Lopez and Kremer managed to load the bases on walks, and we got burned both times.    Armstrong poured gasoline on the Lopez fire with another walk and then a down-the-middle fastball for a grand slam.   Plutko actually did a respectable job relieving Kremer but two runs still resulted.   

Bottom line, make the other team earn their way on base, don’t just hand it to them!   That is all.   

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Frobby said:

OK, this is really more of a rant than an insightful post.   But both Lopez and Kremer managed to load the bases on walks, and we got burned both times.    Armstrong poured gasoline on the Lopez fire with another walk and then a down-the-middle fastball for a grand slam.   Plutko actually did a respectable job relieving Kremer but two runs still resulted.   

Bottom line, make the other team earn their way on base, don’t just hand it to them!   That is all.   

Genuis!  Why didn't anyone else think of this.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Perhaps we can pass legislation making it illegal ...... any pitcher who walks 3 straight batters is taken off the field in handcuffs.  

o

I am vehemently opposed to the death penalty, with 2 exceptions ......

1) lll Rubberneckers on the highway.

2)  ll. Orioles pitchers who walk the bases loaded.

o

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

I am vehemently opposed to the death penalty, with 2 exceptions ......

1) lll PEOPLE WHO DON'T USE TURN SIGNALS on the highway.

2)  ll. Orioles pitchers who walk the bases loaded.

o

ftfy.

It's not freaking poker! There is NO advantage to bluffing!

17 minutes ago, interloper said:

Yeah walking the bases loaded against the Yankees is some Dave Trembley era ass nonsense. Disappointing to see that in back to back games.

*knockswood* Shouldn't happen with Means on the mound tonight...

43 minutes ago, scOtt said:

ftfy.

It's not freaking poker! There is NO advantage to bluffing!

As someone who lived in Tennessee for 15 years, I can confirm that you'd have to take out 99% of the state population.  I could probably count the totality of turn signals I witnessed that entire time on my fingers.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Morgan423 said:

As someone who lived in Tennessee for 15 years, I can confirm that you'd have to take out 99% of the state population.  I could probably count the totality of turn signals I witnessed that entire time on my fingers.

Then OFF with all of their heads!

?

• Haha 1