Adley Rutschman 2021

glenn__davis

Just now, orioles22 said:

Is there a reason anyone should play in Bowie?

Sure.

Folks pay to see games.  Need players for them to watch.

I've been over this before.  Some players need the minor league experience and some don't.  I think the really talented players can effectively learn at the ML level.

I would "rush" talented players, particularly position players to the majors if they would agree to reasonable long term deals.

I would be willing to sign Gunnar to a 10 year deal and bring him up tomorrow to learn in the majors.  He'd suck this year, he'd probably suck next year.  By 2023 he'd be a better player for it.

You get better faster from adversity.  Assuming you have the drive to overcome it.

23 minutes ago, olddogger said:

5 for 6 with a pair of HRs and 7 RBI, 1 BB 1K for both ends of the double header.  Looks like he is indeed heating up.

Almost had as good a day as Greiner.    5 for 7, 2 homers, 8 rbi, 6 runs.

I somewhat feel like he's pulled a fine rope-a-dope on Mike Elias in the last 4-5 days.

Oh, Adley's lukewarm enough I'll venture giving a quote about high profile promotions coming next week.   Adley's like, "say again, boss".

And by Sunday night he gets to 293/465/573 as a MOO catcher for the best team in the league.

I guess he should catch Rodriguez once or twice to help him through AA acclimation, but hopefully Father's Day Norfolk getting into range.   They let AAA guys play the Futures Game too.

39 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think a slim chance exists that AR gets promoted to the majors this season but maintains his rookie eligibility.

If the September call up system wasn't changed two seasons ago, I think this would have been a strong possibility. But I don't see it happening this year.

46 minutes ago, connja said:

Almost had as good a day as Greiner.    5 for 7, 2 homers, 8 rbi, 6 runs.

Grenier's first home run just snuck over the fence, but the second one was an absolute moonshot. Had no idea he had that kind of power.

3 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Another few months of proving himself and maybe Elias will promote him to Norfolk.

With all of the recent promotions, have you even thought about retiring this particular whip?  If the horse isn’t dead, it was coughing up blood last night.