Drew Rom 2021

Frobby

7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Rom pitched five innings in the resumption of yesterday’s suspended game, so technically it wasn’t a start.   In any event, 5 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 4 K’s.   His ERA is now 2.87.   

That's 5 good appearances in the last 6, the only blip being giving up 3 earned in 4 innings on July 13.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Rom pitched five innings in the resumption of yesterday’s suspended game, so technically it wasn’t a start.   In any event, 5 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 4 K’s.   His ERA is now 2.87.   

And that should be his last start for the Ironbirds.  He can take Grayson's spot in the Baysox rotation.

7-0    2.87 ERA,  62.2 IP,  67K,  1.15 WHIP  

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

And that should be his last start for the Ironbirds.  He can take Grayson's spot in the Baysox rotation.

7-0    2.87 ERA,  62.2 IP,  67K,  1.15 WHIP  

Just like I said with Grayson, I won’t complain if he gets 2-3 more starts at his current level, but I agree he could move now and should move soon.   

16 minutes ago, Aglets said:

Rom really dominant through 2 so far.  Lot of K's.  Nothing has left the infield yet.   Early Westburg error didnt matter when the batter was tagged trying to turn one base into three.

Thanks. Keep the updates coming please.

Nice game for Rom, and pretty typical line for him: 5 IP, 3 H, 1 ER, 2 BB, 6 K’s.  He’s allowed 1 ER in 6 of his last 7 starts, allowing 6 ER in 36 IP (2.00 ERA) in that time.   On the year he has a 2.79 ERA with a 1.14 WHIP and 10.9 K/9.

• Upvote 2

Rom made his AA debut today and didn’t miss a beat: 5 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 2 BB, 6 K’s.   The only run came in on a wild pitch in the second inning.   He’s a leading candidate for Orioles MiL pitcher of the month, posting a 1.50 ERA in July.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Rom made his AA debut today and didn’t miss a beat: 5 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 2 BB, 6 K’s.   The only run came in on a wild pitch in the second inning.   He’s a leading candidate for Orioles MiL pitcher of the month, posting a 1.50 ERA in July.  

My man.