Low A, High A stolen base explosion

Legend_Of_Joey

I’m surprised at the disparity between low and high A. I thought the step off rule would make it significantly easier than the 2 pickoff rule, but that hasn’t been the case so far. I prefer the 2 pickoff rule between the 2.

I also like the larger bases rule, and it has had a smaller impact, but I think a positive one overall.

When does it become a good idea to steal more, run and win probability wise? Like many fans I’m rooting for more action and these are a couple interesting ways to influence that.

4 hours ago, survivedc said:

When does it become a good idea to steal more, run and win probability wise? Like many fans I’m rooting for more action and these are a couple interesting ways to influence that.

The number changes slightly depending on the run-scoring environment of the league, but it hovers around 71%.    If the league is very high scoring, then you need a higher success percentage to justify the cost of a potential out   If the league is low scoring, then the break-even percentage goes down