Tuesday May 25: Orioles at Twins

SteveA

7 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

It's incorrect and insane.  Irrelevant isn't the right word for it.  C'mon, you're a smart guy.  What in the world are you talking about, that we wouldn't get anything for Mountcastle? 

I’m not particularly interested in continuing a fruitless debate, but ok, sport, tell me what he offers that makes him the apple in every GMS eye? Why is he so desirable? Why is he a target for every pennant-hungry team? 

I think that he has no trade value at this time. He might in time, but at the moment, he doesn’t, if you’re considering him as the only player, or the main player in a transaction.

8 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Kremer has two pretty good inning and one where he really struggled with his command, a bad strike zone, and a poor catcher.

He still can right this and have a 5 inning effort that he can look at as progress, IMO, despite the runs allowed.

He Jake Arrietta all over.  He looks good then has a blow up inning or two.  

1 minute ago, Philip said:

I’m not particularly interested in continuing a fruitless debate, but ok, sport, tell me what he offers that makes him the apple in every GMS eye? Why is he so desirable? Why is he a target for every pennant-hungry team? 

I think that he has no trade value at this time. He might in time, but at the moment, he doesn’t, if you’re considering him as the only player, or the main player in a transaction.

You're being ridiculous.

He's young, he has upside and he's under team control for years.  If you can't admit to that, then you're just being fussy and intentionally obtuse.

3 minutes ago, Philip said:

You think he lost all of his trade value--you know, the trade value he had as a 24 year-old, controllable, top 100 prospect, who hit well last year in the majors, over 165 at bats?  If you don't understand why everyone is telling you are wrong on this one,then I don't know what to tell you.  Sport. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, bpilktree said:

He Jake Arrietta all over.  He looks good then has a blow up inning or two.  

Hope you are right! 

Then maybe our pitching coaches can do for him what the Cub pitching coaches did for Arrieta.  

If 2022-2025 Kremer is anything like 2014-2017 Arrieta, that would be fantastic.