Kyle Stowers 2021

Frobby

6 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

…if it’s funny

The idea that you don't believe in Kyle Stowers... but that he continues to perform in spite of your disbelief... suggesting that he is unfazed by (and therefore doesn't believe in) your assessment... is kinda funny.

Maybe you're taking yourself just a touch too seriously.

• Upvote 2

On 9/2/2021 at 12:32 AM, baltfan said:

It concerns me that this strategy might not work so well with good pitching.   However, maybe training the eye this way could encourage better plate discipline which could then be used for a better two strike approach against better pitching. 

Exactly--waiting for a pitch that you can drive is fine until there are two strikes.  Then you need to change your approach--either look for a pitch that you can take the other way, or keep fouling off good pitches until the pitcher makes a mistake (like Sanchez did against Akin today, for example).

Neustrom on one corner.   Stowers in the other.     I guess Zach Jarrett mans CF and Yusniel Diaz who still hasn't gotten untracked either goes to DH or some fate even worse than that.   Who goes to make room for Stowers?

Also, does this cause a chain reaction at Bowie and Aberdeen?   Someone like Turchin back up to Bowie and Cowser up to Aberdeen?

9 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Neustrom on one corner.   Stowers in the other.     I guess Zach Jarrett mans CF and Yusniel Diaz who still hasn't gotten untracked either goes to DH or some fate even worse than that.   Who goes to make room for Stowers?

Also, does this cause a chain reaction at Bowie and Aberdeen?   Someone like Turchin back up to Bowie and Cowser up to Aberdeen?

Bowie may be covered in the outfield between Welk (who has been playing some LF), Watson, Rizer, and Fontana. Oh and Vavra who has been playing 2nd since his return but can play OF as well.

19 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

At present, Delmarva has too many prospect bats to get them all in the lineup.

2 hours ago, celery said:

Apparently he's heading to Norfolk.

https://twitter.com/SMPLonnie/status/1434653125575516161?s=20

(I still haven't figured out how to embed tweets)

Huge news. Congrats to Stowers. Now can people on the board @Sports Guystop including him as a 2nd/3rd piece in trade ideas. The dude is a beast. Get on board. 

14 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Huge news. Congrats to Stowers. Now can people on the board @Sports Guystop including him as a 2nd/3rd piece in trade ideas. The dude is a beast. Get on board. 

I think the jury is out until he does it in the majors.  Waiting to see if he has holes that ML pitchers will exploit.  He does have contact issues but he's produced so far. The power is real and intriguing.

8 hours ago, celery said:

Apparently he's heading to Norfolk.

https://twitter.com/SMPLonnie/status/1434653125575516161?s=20

(I still haven't figured out how to embed tweets)

Gotta give the O's credit for the way they've moved Stowers this year.  Even though it's late in the season, I think it's very important for a prospect like him (at his age and with his propensity to strike out a lot) to get some AAA exposure this season.  It's good for him, and it helps the O's with their planning for next year.