Update on Kjerstad (No Bueno)

NelsonCruuuuuz

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

You can cut yourself with one of those if you aren't careful. 

We gain nothing by assuming a connection.

It is the most likely explanation and if correct means the organization had know way of knowing this might happen any more so than any other player in the draft. Therefore, his myocarditis most likely has nothing to do with whether or not he was a good pick at the time. If the explanation is correct, we also may have some clues for his prognosis.

Just now, Aristotelian said:

Someone insinuated lack of due diligence. Granted I think it was just one poster.

Yea that’s dumb.  Of course they didn’t know and of course they would do whatever tests they are allowed to do.

I don’t get why people can’t figure out why Kjerstad was taken.  Sure, underslot had something to do with it but it’s not the only reason.  

The pick was fine…but what has happened after has sucked and has put his status and his career in jeopardy.  That is no ones fault.  It’s just bad luck.

1 minute ago, accinfo said:

Eduardo Rodriquez had the same issue and came back so I think talking about him retiring is premature.  Lets just hope the kid gets his health together despite his baseball career.

I just pointed out that Elias wasn't speaking as if a return to playing was a guarantee.

If he's hedging his comments I think that is something we should pay attention to.

5 minutes ago, accinfo said:

Eduardo Rodriquez had the same issue and came back so I think talking about him retiring is premature.  Lets just hope the kid gets his health together despite his baseball career.

It’s definitely premature to mention it.

The reason I mentioned it is 2 reasons:

1) it’s a heart issue and seeing as it re-occured, is that a sign that this is a bigger deal than what ERod and others have had?

2) The biggest hurdles for injuries are the mental hurdles.  This is on a different level.  How frustrating is this for the athlete?  How much do they worry about it?  

We don’t know a lot of specifics about this but this is a kid who has, after taxes and paying his agent, probably in the area of 2-2.5M in his bank account, which is more than most people will make in their lifetime.  You just wonder if the idea of saying, I need to step back and do something else starts to enter their minds.

13 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

It’s definitely premature to mention it.

The reason I mentioned it is 2 reasons:

1) it’s a heart issue and seeing as it re-occured, is that a sign that this is a bigger deal than what ERod and others have had?

2) The biggest hurdles for injuries are the mental hurdles.  This is on a different level.  How frustrating is this for the athlete?  How much do they worry about it?  

We don’t know a lot of specifics about this but this is a kid who has, after taxes and paying his agent, probably in the area of 2-2.5M in his bank account, which is more than most people will make in their lifetime.  You just wonder if the idea of saying, I need to step back and do something else starts to enter their minds.

He's got that Recreation and Sports Management degree to fall back on.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

But think of all the money they saved to draft a guy that got TJ! 

This is simply out of line. His very serious health issue has nothing…nothing to do with how or where he was drafted. This could be Manny Machado or Wade Townsend. It WAS Mancini. 

If your post was a joke, it was not funny. I don’t like negative repping but this is a horrible take. You can do better. We need all sides here and being on other sides gives us a chance to see other perspectives. There is almost always value in that. If you can you should delete the post or ask Tony to do it. Then you should apologize and move on. It’s not hard. 

im sorry to invade everyone’s space. Including you Nelson who did not ask my opinion. 

Have a great day all. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Two first round pitchers, both didn't work out. Likely why he passed on Lacy last year in the first.

You forget to mention they stole signs to aid in their endeavors. Minor detail for you I guess. 

Why would I bring up something that has zero relevance to what they have done with the draft?

1 minute ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

And what info I do have, I am sure I would gladly share with strangers on an internet message board, particularly pos' like yourself.

Don’t worry, no one respects you enough to care what info you think you have anyway.

• Upvote 1