Monday June 21: First summer game sees Orioles host Astros

SteveA

3 minutes ago, SteveA said:

No, MLB officially does not consider Bumgarner  as pitching a no hitter.  He does not make the list.

MLB made the stupid 7 inning double header rule, maybe they should revisit their stupid decisions.  I see the shot clock on pitchers is pretty well gone, batters stepping out of the box is almost back to normal, people watch soccer that has no scoring and a lot of boringness, when is baseball going to learn that the speed of the game is fine?  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, sevastras said:

MLB made the stupid 7 inning double header rule, maybe they should revisit their stupid decisions.  I see the shot clock on pitchers is pretty well gone, batters stepping out of the box is almost back to normal, people watch soccer that has no scoring and a lot of boringness, when is baseball going to learn that the speed of the game is fine?  

If MLB seriously wants to speed up the pace of games figure out how starting pitchers can regularly go 7+ innings again. Having 10+ pitching changes a game combined is what really slows down the pace. 

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Sceroler's time on the team almost has to be up soon. I can't see the Orioles being able to hide him on the roster as a Rule 5 draft pick all season. Every single appearance he's getting rocked by the opposing hitters. 

To be fair, the circumstances tonight are not conducive to excellent performance

32 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I'm basing more on his prior appearances, but he's Sceroler might not be able close out the top of the eighth. 

Oh I’m not arguing, he hasn’t been very good, and he’s been a major leaguer for 75 games or so, so he has his healthcare and his pension and a quarter million dollars for his trouble, So I’m not going to complain if they send him back, But I feel pretty strongly that if they haven’t by now they are not going to, which goes back to the difference between not trying to win and actively trying to lose