Ramon Urias?

wildcard

1 hour ago, interloper said:

Truly bizarre that it took this long for him to play over the guys you mentioned. 

It's like they didn't know what they had - even though Urias has played pro baseball since he was 17 years old, and the O's had him in Baltimore 10 games last year.  It's hard to understand that they played the players Tony mentioned - over him.    

38 minutes ago, SteveA said:

The whole late signing of Franco, and late-in-spring-training cut of Yolmer Sanchez, was odd.   I think it was caused by some factor we don't know anything about, and the strange and hasty move of Rio Ruiz to 2B with a week left in spring training was a by product of whatever unexpected thing happened.

I think they just took a chance that Franco could turn into a trade chip. Decent low risk opportunity that admittedly did not pay off. Urias still gets a chance to prove something in the second half. Still not sure how they end up with Ruiz at 2B. 

1 hour ago, Ruzious said:

It's like they didn't know what they had - even though Urias has played pro baseball since he was 17 years old, and the O's had him in Baltimore 10 games last year.  It's hard to understand that they played the players Tony mentioned - over him.    

Each day that Pat Valaika stays on this team (getting the start today!) is another day closer to me going insane. Just play Leyba at 2B! What value does Valaika bring?? Driving me nuts. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, interloper said:

Each day that Pat Valaika stays on this team (getting the start today!) is another day closer to me going insane. Just play Leyba at 2B! What value does Valaika bring?? Driving me nuts. 

Agreed in principal - though I'd rather Jamai Jones at 2B and Leyba at 3B.  

• Upvote 2