What is your top 10 with the draft now in the books?

Sports Guy

1. Adley
2. Rodriguez
3. Henderson
4. Hall
5. Cowser
6. Westburg
7. Norby
8. Bradish
9. Baumann (6 or 7 if truly healthy, lower if surgery which I still fear)
10. Ortiz (taking the D profile over...) 
11. Vavra (not enough of a D profile for me)
12. Maikol Hernandez
13. Rom
14. Mayo
15. Kjerstad - we'd have to have inside info to really know where to put him. I fear for this guy's health though.
16. Haskin

• Like 1

Curious why people rate Haskin so much higher above Stowers? Is Haskin's defense in CF that much of a defining factor to make up for the fact that he's hitting significantly worse than Stowers at a significantly lower level (though he is a year younger)? 

1. Adley Rutschman

2. Grayson Rodriguez

3. DL Hall

4. Gunnar Henderson 

5. Jordan Westburg 

6. Colton Cowser

7. Heston Kjerstad 

8. Mike Baumann

9. Connor Norby

10. Reed Trimble

The next ten would be Bradish, Jones, Vavra, Haskin, K. Smith, Stowers, Rom, Neustrom, Y. Diaz and Baumler. 

I like Westburg over Cowser for now, but not much. Westburg has more defensive value until he moves to 3B, and I think more raw power. If/when Cowser adds more power to his profile, he should pass Westburg. 

I get leaving Kjerstad off, and his future may be in doubt, but for now, I kept him in there. He is still a prospect with great potential. 

Norby just looks to me like he will have more power than Vavra, but with a similar hit tool. Norby should be a better defender than both Vavra and Jam Jones. 

I agree with SG about Trimble. The more I watch and learn about him, the more I like. A switch hitter with power from both sides. He can run well and has a shot to play middle infield. More projection at this point, but he trended up well as the season went on. A COVID freshman, the kid only had one year of college ball. A great test of their development capability. 

1. Rutschman

2. Rodriguez

3. Hall

4. Henderson

5. Westburg

6. Cowser

7.  Baumann

8. Norby

9.  Haskin 

10. Trimble

I’m also not ranking Kjerstad until I actually know he’s got a future and see him play. The guy he was in college, I’d have him at #4 on this list.

18 hours ago, Flash- bd said:

Curious why people rate Haskin so much higher above Stowers? Is Haskin's defense in CF that much of a defining factor to make up for the fact that he's hitting significantly worse than Stowers at a significantly lower level (though he is a year younger)? 

I think a lot of people have concerns about strikeouts with Stowers. He's really shown improvement as a hitter and with power the last 60 days though.

5 hours ago, NCRaven said:

I’m a little concerned by Henderson’s difficulties in High A.  Still top 10, but I’m not so sure about top 5.

I'm not sure he's really having difficulties at this point. I'm not sure how to find his stats since his big 0- for start but I'd imagine they're pretty decent. 

47 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

I'm not sure he's really having difficulties at this point. I'm not sure how to find his stats since his big 0- for start but I'd imagine they're pretty decent. 

Took him a few more games after that first hit, but he’s hitting .319 over the last 12 games.  

Haven’t done a top ten since pre-Luke. Here we go:

1. Rodriguez

2. Rutschman 

3. Henderson 

4. Hall

5. Cowser

6. Westburg

......gets hard 

7. Stowers

8. Norby 

9. Vavra

10. Bradish

This organization has a lot of middling prospects in the 7-20 range where I can see arguments putting any of them in the back half of the top ten. The top six ending with Westburg is a cut above for me. 

On 7/14/2021 at 4:03 PM, waroriole said:

Too many Ks for Stowers. I don’t see him being able to hit upper level pitching based on what he’s done this year. 79 Ks in 238 PA and he’s not even at AA. 

You might want to check that again. He's put up a .309/.417/.605/1.022 line in 81 AA PAs. His K rate may be high but he'll draw a walk, work counts, and he's shown plus power. 

Stowers for me is one of the highlights to this season so far.