Phillips, Evans and more released

Legend_Of_Joey

2 minutes ago, OrioleDog said:

I see Shaw had a HR and 4 RBI's for Aberdeen yesterday - not a bad capstone, if that's what it was.

Can we see if Davis can get an Aberdeen Grand Slam?

(joke only - regular plug nothing will happen until 2022 CBA outcome known)

Not sure if Davis could even hit at Aberdeen.  He only had 1 HR last year.

1 minute ago, vab said:

Man that Britton trade really worked out. Another cautionary tale of why you don't wait until a guy is five minutes away from free agency to trade him. 

Britton should have been moved after his incredible season. His value was never going to be higher.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Britton should have been moved after his incredible season. His value was never going to be higher.

Honestly, when has a team that made the playoffs, had most of their players returning the next year hoping for another playoff run, traded off their best player with 2 years of team control left?

I'm not saying it wouldn't have been the correct move it that we wouldn't be better off now.  But you are talking about something radically unorthodox.  Something that Angelos wouldn't have allowed and that Duquette probably wouldn't have been able to pull off.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Orioles should have definitely taken offers for Britton after 2016 and I wanted the front office to at the time. Most relievers don't have a decade plus run at being elite like Mariano Rivera or Trevor Hoffman.

It just made sense to see what teams (especially ones with a bad bullpen) would offer for a closer coming off the best single season performance ever. It's not that you had to trade Britton, but if you could get two or three top prospects in return then maybe you pull the trigger on a trade. 

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

I'm not saying it wouldn't have been the correct move it that we wouldn't be better off now.  But you are talking about something radically unorthodox.  Something that Angelos wouldn't have allowed and that Duquette probably wouldn't have been able to pull off.

Granted, ownership probably doesn’t allow it, but there are GMs who could have pulled it off. 

Even if it wasn’t standard practice, the idea is to take advantage before it’s the walk year.