9-7 OsvsRs! “Elementary, My dear Watkins”

HowAboutThat

1 minute ago, Gurgi said:

Thats good.  I always liked the kid and was kind of sad his career seemed to be going backwards for a little while. 

Turns out I was "schooped" a couple hours ago so I posted in the Ex Oriole thread.  On a fun note, Schoop is a Boras client and had Boras negotiate an in season extension.

1 minute ago, Philip said:

I would like Valdez to go away. The sad thing about feel-good stories is that they don’t last long, And his is over.

Valdez is going to end up back in the Mexican League......and soon I would bet. 

3 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

Valdez is going to end up back in the Mexican League......and soon I would bet. 

He should already be there. Good teams are able to evaluate their pitchers before they start getting hit up like a high schooler. i think they should just randomly bring up bad AAA pitcher and give them a chane and then DFA them after they stink. Let's just give as many guys their major league dream. Whether they deserve it or not at this point.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

He should already be there. Good teams are able to evaluate their pitchers before they start getting hit up like a high schooler. i think they should just randomly bring up bad AAA pitcher and give them a chane and then DFA them after they stink. Let's just give as many guys their major league dream. Whether they deserve it or not at this point.

You get health care.  You get health care.  You get health care.

oprah-winfrey-happy.gif

1 hour ago, Philip said:

Newman is unlistenable, But it’s just unforgivable to have interviews over gameplay. We’re here to watch a baseball game folks not listen to former players yak. I don’t like turning on the opposing team’s radio feed but what is a boy to do?

Yeah normally I like a good interview on the TV side when it's someone interesting that I like.  I usually don't agree with your complaints.

But today as I was driving thru New Jersey I was streaming the game on the MASN app.  Of course I wasn't watching, the phone was sitting on my passenger seat.  But I could listen to Kevin and Ben and follow the game.

Until the interviews started.  The Hardy and Angel interviews were good but Brown and McDonald completely abandoned talking about the game.  I'd glance over at the phone and see runners on base and have no idea how they got there.  Very frustrating.  Then after two full innings of interviews (both Angel and Hardy stayed for more than the planned half inning), they apparently had fallen behind on promos and spent the next half inning talking about fanny packs and mustard flavored hot dog buns.  I was screaming at the radio for them to talk about the game a little.

Finally switched to 105.7 on the car radio once I got within range of the station and was delighted to find it was Newman on the play by play.  And then she spent some time talking about the damn mustard buns too.  I don't get it. I like mustard but I don't need it baked into the bun.  I'll put it on myself 

And I got home just in time to turn on the TV and see a Tampa grand slam off the fair pole.

Time for some liquor.  Need to wind down from my drive and the frustration if this game.

• Upvote 1