Wednesday August 11: Matt Harvey takes on the Tigers

SteveA

Gametime:  7:05 pm

Forecast:  Hot and muggy, possible thundershowers

Promotional Giveaway:  Fanny Pack

Roster MoveTanner Scott activated from IL, Alexander Wells optioned to Norfolk

MatchupTarik Skubal (L) vs Matt Harvey (R)

Lineups

1. Robbie Grossman (S) RF
2. Jonathan Schoop (R) 2B
3. Miguel Cabrera (R) 1B
4. Jeimer Candelario (S) 3B
5. Eric Haase (R) C
6. Harold Castro (L) SS
7. Niko Goodrum (S) LF
8. Willi Castro (S) DH
9. Victor Reyes (S) CF

1. Cedric Mullins (L) CF
2. Austin Hays (R) LF
3. Trey Mancini (R) 1B
4. Anthony Santander (S) DH
5. Ramon Urias (R) 3B
6. Pedro Severino (R) C
7. Ryan McKenna (R) RF
8. Jorge Mateo (R) 2B
9. Richie Martin (R) SS

Orioles Bench
Maikel Franco (R)
DJ Stewart (L)
Austin Wynns (R)

Bullpen Availability (last pitched)

Available
   Paul Fry*  1.0 IP, 13p last night; 0.1 IP, 25p Sunday
   Dusten Knight 1.0 IP, 26p Sunday; 1.1 IP, 28p Saturday
   Isaac Mattson 1.0 IP, 31p Saturday
   Tanner Scott* just activated from IL
   Cole Sulser  1.0 IP, 13p Sunday; 1.0 IP, 10p Friday
   Dillon Tate,  0.2 IP, 16p Sunday; 0.1 IP, 19p Friday
   Cesar Valdez 1.0 IP, 0.2 IP, 18p Saturday
   Alexander Wells* just recalled from Norfolk

Not Available
   Marcos Diplan 2.0 IP, 22p last night
   Adam Plutko 2.0 IP, 48p last night

* denotes a lefthander

• Upvote 1

Game Notes

• Cedric Mullins now has a 17 game hitting streak, longest active in MLB.  Austin Hays has an 8 game streak going.
  • The two Tiger outfielders involved in the collision last night are both on the IL.   Derek Hill went on the 10 day IL, while Akil Baddoo went on the 7 day conussion IL.  To take one of their spots, the Tigers recalled former Oriole Renato Nunez, but he is not in the lineup tonight.
  • Miguel Cabrera is still at 498 career HRs.
  • Pedro Severino returns to the lineup tonight after missing a few days with a bruised knee
  • The Orioles have allowed 9+ runs in 6 consecutive games.   The MLB record is 7.
  • Matt Harvey is making his first start since leaving with a sore knee last week.
  • Keeping the topic on knees, Tanner Scott was activated from the IL after missed time with a sore knee.  Tyler Wells is expected back any day now after throwing a simulated inning yesterday and feeling no ill effects today.   Bruce Zimmerman is expected to come off the IL Sunday and take Keegan Akin's spot in the rotation.  Ryan Mountcastle is eligible to come off the concussion IL this weekend in Boston.  Hunter Harvey is expected back sometime next week.

14 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Game Notes

• Cedric Mullins now has a 17 game hitting streak, longest active in MLB.  Austin Hays has an 8 game streak going.
  • The two Tiger outfielders involved in the collision last night are both on the IL.   Derek Hill went on the 10 day IL, while Akil Baddoo went on the 7 day conussion IL.  To take one of their spots, the Tigers recalled former Oriole Renato Nunez, but he is not in the lineup tonight.
  • Miguel Cabrera is still at 498 career HRs.
  • Pedro Severino returns to the lineup tonight after missing a few days with a bruised knee
  • The Orioles have allowed 9+ runs in 6 consecutive games.   The MLB record is 7.
  • Matt Harvey is making his first start since leaving with a sore knee last week.
  • Keeping the topic on knees, Tanner Scott was activated from the IL after missed time with a sore knee.  Tyler Wells is expected back any day now after throwing a simulated inning yesterday and feeling no ill effects today.   Bruce Zimmerman is expected to come off the IL Sunday and take Keegan Akin's spot in the rotation.  Ryan Mountcastle is eligible to come off the concussion IL this weekend in Boston.  Hunter Harvey is expected back sometime next week.

Thank you as always for this preview & update.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, interloper said:

Random question that I didn't wanna put in the main board, but whatever happened to OFFNY? Haven't seen him post much recently.

He's... not posting anymore. I've tried talking him into getting back into it but he's not having it. I won't go into the reasons...

3 minutes ago, scOtt said:

He's... not posting anymore. I've tried talking him into getting back into it but he's not having it. I won't go into the reasons...

Kind of the same reason I barely post in the Game Threads anymore. Certain posters are just untenable. I grew tired of getting beat down while others were just given free reign.

1 hour ago, scOtt said:

That's too bad--I miss his spirit.

I guess this means SteveA (or someone) is going to have to learn how to celebrate Oriole home runs in expanding letters of alternating black and orange!

1 hour ago, scOtt said:

Kind of the same reason I barely post in the Game Threads anymore. Certain posters are just untenable. I grew tired of getting beat down while others were just given free reign.

I've finally become reconciled to using the Ignore function, but I actually think the number of annoying posters is less than some previous years. A lot of them have left, it looks like.

1 minute ago, LA2 said:

That's too bad--I miss his spirit.

I guess this means SteveA (or someone) is going to have to learn how to celebrate Oriole home runs in expanding letters of alternating black and orange!

SteveA does a GREAT job! Props to him and you should all REP his posts!

1 minute ago, LA2 said:

I've finally become reconciled to using the Ignore function, but I actually think the number of annoying posters is less than some previous years. A lot of them have left, it looks like.

I only have one poster on ignore. Ignore works so badly... Someone quotes them and you have to read their vomit anyways... :(