Elias and Hyde have to go

Patrick Mack

11 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I agree you cannot fault the Lawlar pick based on an injury he suffered after being drafted, just like you can’t fault the Kjerstad pick based on him contracting myocarditis.   I hope the young man makes a full recovery from his injury and goes on to have a good MLB career.  Needless to say, I also hope Cowser goes on to become an excellent major leaguer along with others we signed with the money we saved    

No doubt. Definitely, but I do question the love of corner outfielders on a team trying build a foundation, he’s going high success rate but not the approach I’d take. 

On 8/15/2021 at 7:55 PM, Patrick Mack said:

Both Elias and Hyde must go. They complain of lack of hitting early in season yet they traded Iglieses (373 last year) and let  Alberti go (283 last  yr). Can you make more than 1 "prospect" they got for Britton, Bundy, Iglieses? All three outfielders and 4 the(McKenna), 1B, DH  and #1 starter are from previous GM. We need a 2B, SS, and 3B. All 3 of these Elias pickups are hitting appts 220. Pathetic. Friday, Hyde has a pitcher having given up 4 runs with 2 men on with 81 pitches  in the 4th inning and has no one warming up!  Sunday the bases are loaded and he brings in Scott who has as many walks as innings pitched. He has used several lineups with some guys batting cleanup with a  230 -240 average. Enough!  Bring in someone like  Kendall who has managed just about every decent starter. Get a "baseball" guy to be GM to make some trades of our so called prospects we have accumulated and some decent signings.  3  years of these guys is enough. We r no closer to being rebuilt than we were  3 yrs ago

Try to keep in mind what's really going on here. This is a total rebuild. Yes, Elias let some good players go and traded some good players. But that's all part of the plan. Letting players go reduces payroll and allows him to use that money towards other resources. The trades are intended to bring in good, young players with low salaries. This also leads toward the major league team tanking in the short term which yields better draft choices which combined with the good, young players he traded for, sets the team up with many talented, low cost players on the horizon to be the core of the next good playoff team. Then the money he saved can go towards quality free agents to fill out the remaining holes. It's a proven strategy. We just need to be patient and give it time. Management understands what Elias is doing. Also, Hyde isn't concerned with winning right now as much as he is with developing and evaluating players for the future. I agree that some of his decisions can appear questionable if his main concern was winning but Elias has openly stated that Hyde isn't being judged on wins and losses yet. I'm not saying Hyde is the right manager when it comes time to start shooting for the post season but he definitely can't take all the blame for what is going on today. 

4 minutes ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Ohhhhhhh…that’s not as important. Regardless, I wanted Lawlar and he was the pick there. Even Brady House…

Well did anyone get your preference information to the O's Front Office as events were unfolding?

If not, I can't see how they could be held accountable for making what they thought was the best decision.

14 minutes ago, owknows said:

Well did anyone get your preference information to the O's Front Office as events were unfolding?

If not, I can't see how they could be held accountable for making what they thought was the best decision.

It wasn’t just me sweet nips, it was most scouting departments in baseball. 

I think Elias and Hyde should only be gotten rid of after the O's get new owners.  I'm still hoping that at some point MLB won't approve of the Angelos brothers ownership and force a sale.  Success will be extremely difficult under the financial constraints the O's seem to operate under.  I can't see a "better" GM candidate jumping on a chance to be GM of the O's.  IMO, the O's sort of got lucky to get someone like Elias.  Wonderboy GMs probably would rather go to a team w/ larger financial resources, IMO.  Prove me wrong based on the O's actions of the last couple of years.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I think Elias and Hyde should only be gotten rid of after the O's get new owners.  I'm still hoping that at some point MLB won't approve of the Angelos brothers ownership and force a sale.  Success will be extremely difficult under the financial constraints the O's seem to operate under.  I can't see a "better" GM candidate jumping on a chance to be GM of the O's.  IMO, the O's sort of got lucky to get someone like Elias.  Wonderboy GMs probably would rather go to a team w/ larger financial resources, IMO.  Prove me wrong based on the O's actions of the last couple of years.

They are going to sell to a local group, waiting for Peter to pass.