Should the Orioles claim RHP Chris Ellis from TB? (Update: Claimed, Valdez DFA'd)

Tony-OH

90% strand rate while pitching for the orioles.  Not many know, but strand rate, like BABip, tends to regress to a league mean.  Its one of those predictor stats that can be used to foresee future success.  I am going to tell you right now that 90% is completely unsustainable.  You can't put 9 base runners on base in 5 innings and expect to give up 1 run most of the time.

Expect regression.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Camden_yardbird said:

90% strand rate while pitching for the orioles.  Not many know, but strand rate, like BABip, tends to regress to a league mean.  Its one of those predictor stats that can be used to foresee future success.  I am going to tell you right now that 90% is completely unsustainable.  You can't put 9 base runners on base in 5 innings and expect to give up 1 run most of the time.

Expect regression.

This lucky jerk is costing us the #1 pick. 

4 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

This lucky jerk is costing us the #1 pick. 

Well, what I’ve been listening to is that we don’t want Green after all, but I don’t remember who was suggested instead, so the Diamondbacks can have green and well take the other guy, And enjoy that extra two or three wins in the season.

(insert sarcasm emoji)

4 minutes ago, Philip said:

Well, what I’ve been listening to is that we don’t want Green after all, but I don’t remember who was suggested instead, so the Diamondbacks can have green and well take the other guy, And enjoy that extra two or three wins in the season.

(insert sarcasm emoji)

I enjoy every win.   And I really hate long losing streaks.   

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Frobby said:

I assume he’s just having his Spenser Watkins Moment (trademark pending).

You know how the Orioles sometimes face some rookie pitcher who’s either making his debut or has pitched a couple of games and was mediocre in the minors, and we all grumble when the O’s get befuddled by the guy?    Guess what, sometimes it happens to other teams, too.   Hard to believe, I know.  

I thought it was the Waters Moment?  Now it's Spenser Watkins?  I can't keep up.