Law’s take on the Os right now

Sports Guy

Just now, Ruzious said:

What Lee left out is... He is part of the national media that puts out the view that the O's do nothing but suck, so what he's really saying is that the O's future is better than he's said it will be.   

Edit:  That's Law; not Lee.  

26 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

If the ML team is putrid and the farm system is average how does that equal a bright future?   Actually, he just said brighter than the national media thinks so that doesn't mean he thinks their future is bright.   First, we need to find out what the national media thinks of the Orioles' future.   I'm not sure what that is but whatever it is, Keith thinks it's brighter than that.   

Do we really trust what Keith Law thinks about the future even if it's good?   

Law makes the kind of weaselly statement that drives me nuts. I was listening to a NYY game recently, and while the batter was bailing out on an inside pitch, the ball hit the knob of the bat for a foul. John Sterling said, "That happens more than you think." How the hell does he know how often listeners think it happens? And how often does it happen? WE don't know, just more than you think.

What is Law saying about the Orioles future? The "national media" I've seen doesn't really predict the Orioles future, just that they have a real bad team with a plan to get better that has some flaws in it. It's better than that, huh? This is just lazy thinking (barely thinking at all) that shows up in dumb-ass writing. Its only virtue is that it is very, very unlikely that it can be proven wrong. 

2 hours ago, Ruzious said:

What Lee left out is... He is part of the national media that puts out the view that the O's do nothing but suck, so what he's really saying is that the O's future is better than he's said it will be.   

Did he ever say their future isn’t bright?