Offseason target: Tyler Glasnow

Frobby

47 minutes ago, waroriole said:

If we trade for Glasnow, we’re taking away from the farm. What are you willing to trade TB for him?

So what if you take away from the farm system?  That’s why it’s there.  And after all, if we have the #1 farm system and it’s “so deep”, trading from it should be easy.

As far as what you trade for him?  It just depends on the market.  I don’t think you will see anyone trading a top 100 prospect for him.  My guess it would be multiple guys outside of the top 10.

I would like to be able to sign him to a 3 year deal.  Pay him 5M to do nothing next year and then get him for 8-10M in 2023 and 10-15M in 2024.  Be great to make that third year an easily reachable option year based on IP incentives.  Something like 100 IP.

2 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Also any player that Tampa is getting rid of we should not be interested in. Any player Tampa is interested we should be interested. If we are trading with Tampa we're doing something wrong if the goal is to be like Tampa.

Lol..this isn’t accurate.

If Tampa trades or non tenders Glasnow it is specifically because they don’t want to pay him 5M To rehab next year and then 8-10M the following year hoping he comes back from surgery ok.  It has nothing to do with anything else.

5 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

If Tampa trades or non tenders Glasnow it is specifically because they don’t want to pay him 5M To rehab next year and then 8-10M the following year hoping he comes back from surgery ok.  It has nothing to do with anything else.

We are trying to be like Tampa. We shouldn't be paying $13M for one year of Glasnost either.

6 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I agree with your point, but disagree that Glasnow wouid be getting a substantial raise in 2023 after spending 2022 rehabbing.   Most players get essentially no raise in arbitration after missing a year with injuries.    

50 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

So what if you take away from the farm system?  That’s why it’s there.  And after all, if we have the #1 farm system and it’s “so deep”, trading from it should be easy.

As far as what you trade for him?  It just depends on the market.  I don’t think you will see anyone trading a top 100 prospect for him.  My guess it would be multiple guys outside of the top 10.

I would like to be able to sign him to a 3 year deal.  Pay him 5M to do nothing next year and then get him for 8-10M in 2023 and 10-15M in 2024.  Be great to make that third year an easily reachable option year based on IP incentives.  Something like 100 IP.

What if he wants to roll the dice on FA? Do you get a deal in place before you trade for him? 

11 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I agree with your point, but disagree that Glasnow wouid be getting a substantial raise in 2023 after spending 2022 rehabbing.   Most players get essentially no raise in arbitration after missing a year with injuries.    

He's already making $4M. seems like your looking at at least $12M