The Marauding Delmarva Offense

Frobby

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

The opening post is about how well the players are doing.   The next two comments are not about how well those players are doing.   The next two posts are from Corn and SG about how Cowser and others shouldn't even be there.     Thanks for derailing the thread by the 2nd post.  

Nope, you derailed the post with your complaining.  SG was talking about a possible factor in Delmarva's offense.

He was on topic, you, with your odd fascination with what other posters are doing, are the one that derailed things.

SG and I were talking about players playing in Delmarva.  You are talking about other posters.

Which seems like the derailment?

Just now, Sports Guy said:

I guess Sal Frelick is a better player than Cowser then?

SG logic at it again.   Doesn't matter who is better now or who is at the higher level now.   Matters who is better when they get to the major leagues.   Frelick might be better.   BTW, no one here wanted him drafted by the Orioles.      Why don't you let the guy overseeing the #1 farm system in baseball who just looks like he had another good draft, decide where to put the players in his farm system?    

8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Nope, you derailed the post with your complaining.  SG was talking about a possible factor in Delmarva's offense.

He was on topic, you, with your odd fascination with what other posters are doing, are the one that derailed things.

SG and I were talking about players playing in Delmarva.  You are talking about other posters.

Which seems like the derailment?

Now it's an argument about who derailed the thread?   Haha.  How about this.

How bout we actually talk about the players and what they are doing down there?      They all look good so far.  Billy Cook is striking out a bit much but he also can steal a base.  Most of the other guys look really strong in the walk/strikeout numbers.   Trimble is on the temporary inactive list.  Bereavement?   Pesonal issue?   Disciplinary problem?    I wonder.     Would you like to comment on any of the actual players and what they are doing?

10 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

SG logic at it again.   Doesn't matter who is better now or who is at the higher level now.   Matters who is better when they get to the major leagues.   Frelick might be better.   BTW, no one here wanted him drafted by the Orioles.      Why don't you let the guy overseeing the #1 farm system in baseball who just looks like he had another good draft, decide where to put the players in his farm system?    

He is.  Why can’t I have an opinion on it?  Why do you care?  Why do you waste everyone’s time with your bs?  

No one cares about your little rants.  

11 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Now it's an argument about who derailed the thread?   Haha.  How about this.

How bout we actually talk about the players and what they are doing down there?      They all look good so far.  Billy Cook is striking out a bit much but he also can steal a base.  Most of the other guys look really strong in the walk/strikeout numbers.   Trimble is on the temporary inactive list.  Bereavement?   Pesonal issue?   Disciplinary problem?    I wonder.     Would you like to comment on any of the actual players and what they are doing?

We did..Cowser is doing so well that he has earned the right to be elsewhere.  He is advanced and mature enough to be challenged more.  That is commenting on them.I also responded to a Teter post.

You have done nothing but whine.  You aren’t talking about how they have done.  

Just now, Sports Guy said:

He is.  Why can’t I have an opinion on it?  Why do you care?  Why do you waste everyone’s time with your bs?  

No one cares about your little rants.  

Why do you waste time replying to my little rants?   LOL

You and COC are very annoying so I rant.   Trust me.  I'm not the only one who finds you both annoying.   Trust me!

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

Why do you waste time replying to my little rants?   LOL

You and COC are very annoying so I rant.   Trust me.  I'm not the only one who finds you both annoying.   Trust me!

Great.  Say something to me in PM (don’t worry, I know you won’t).

I really don’t care if you or anyone else is annoyed.  I’m not doing anything wrong .  I’m talking about baseball.  You are crying.

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

We did..Cowser is doing so well that he has earned the right to be elsewhere.  He is advanced and mature enough to be challenged more.  That is commenting on them.I also responded to a Teter post.

You have done nothing but whine.  You aren’t talking about how they have done.  

Haha!   Who is whining now?    Get over it.   You said no one cared about my little rants.   You seem to care.   LOL

Gotta go!    See you later.

You guys are funny.

On the topic, it sure does seem like Elias has a knack for finding guys who can actually produce. I know Gunnar Henderson has gotten a lot of love here, and deservedly so, but this draft in particular gives me some hope that Elias is starting to back fill the system with his own guys. And I'm not particularly concerned about a month difference in the hoped-for versus actual promotion of the best players.

Some of the FCL/DSL stuff is really starting to interest me as well. I don't give the current #1/2 rating TOO much credence just because it's highly dependent on two elite guys that were already here essentially (yeah, he drafted AR), but if Elias is actually on the way toward turning this farm into Tampa North, he'll be the best thing to happen to this franchise in ~40 years.

• Upvote 1

Sheesh.

I don't mind these guys starting where they've started if the goal is to get them started in pro-ball and have them have some early success.  IMO, that's not a terrible strategy, you get these guys in the system and put them at a level they should handle easily so their first taste of pro-ball is success.  

Yes, they're going to be challenged in the future (hopefully sooner rather than later) but I think it's important for anyone in any walk of life to have some success early on in whatever endeavor they're in.  

That said, I agree that the college bats at Delmarva should be promoted before the minor league season is over.  I'm hoping at least Cowser can spend some significant time in Bowie next year.  If he can, our system, despite graduating AR to Baltimore, still has a lot to offer.  In order to do that, we need to see if he can rake in Hi-A right now.  

• Upvote 3

Cowser's 12 BB to 6 Ks screams that he isn't being challenged to me. I would move him up to Aberdeen next week.  He isn't hitting for any power but it's a small sample size and they may be just pitching around him.

It was reasonable to give him a little bit of time at Delmarva though. 

• Upvote 1