Luis Hernandez signs minor league deal with Kansas City Royals

ChaosLex

Did not see a thread anywhere....Well just want to say he was a okay player showed a little upside but was not what we were looking for hopefully does well for the Royals......

Source:Rotoworld

Royals signed shortstop Luis Hernandez to a minor league contract.

Upset about losing Angel Sanchez on waivers, the Royals had to go and sign another shortstop who can't hit. Hernandez is still just 24, but after hitting .241/.295/.263 in 79 at-bats for the Orioles last season, he went down and batted .185/.216/.220 in 205 at-bats in Triple-A. Those concerned about the Large Hadron Collider should be much more worried about the far greater possibility of a black hole forming if the Royals put Hernandez and Tony Pena Jr. on the field at the same time next spring.

Did not see a thread anywhere....Well just want to say he was a okay player showed a little upside but was not what we were looking for hopefully does well for the Royals......

Source:Rotoworld

Royals signed shortstop Luis Hernandez to a minor league contract.

Upset about losing Angel Sanchez on waivers, the Royals had to go and sign another shortstop who can't hit. Hernandez is still just 24, but after hitting .241/.295/.263 in 79 at-bats for the Orioles last season, he went down and batted .185/.216/.220 in 205 at-bats in Triple-A. Those concerned about the Large Hadron Collider should be much more worried about the far greater possibility of a black hole forming if the Royals put Hernandez and Tony Pena Jr. on the field at the same time next spring.

Thanks for the info. This should have been posted in the MLB thread. Also you gotta provide a link. :D

I always thought he was a decent SS, not really great. Very suprised that he got picked up by KC. Always assumed that he would be in the minors here. Hope it works out well for him there. Maybe he will have better luck than he did with the Orioles.

I do remember going to Seattle-Orioles baseball game this year (first Sunday game) and saw him drive in the game-winning run. That is my favorite (and only) memory of Luis Hernandez.

Archived