Rays vs Red Sox Oct 11

Il BuonO

13 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

What’s your gripe? He seems to give them what they need, but I don’t know anything about him.

https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/2199110

https://www.abcactionnews.com/sports/baseball/rays/the-history-of-the-tampa-rays-stadium-search-and-what-happens-next

Yea the on the field product is solid and he lets the baseball people do their job but he's been trying to weasel out of the stadium deal since he bought the team and, after failing to get the Government to spend 800M to buy him a stadium is trying to move the team to Montreal for half the season.

Yes the stadium is bad and your lease is bad, but that was the case when you bought the team.  Deal with it.  Reach into your really deep pockets and and pay for a stadium that isn't going to cost a billion dollars with the inevitable cost overruns.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/2199110

https://www.abcactionnews.com/sports/baseball/rays/the-history-of-the-tampa-rays-stadium-search-and-what-happens-next

Yea the on the field product is solid and he lets the baseball people do their job but he's been trying to weasel out of the stadium deal since he bought the team and, after failing to get the Government to spend 800M to buy him a stadium is trying to move the team to Montreal for half the season.

Yes the stadium is bad and your lease is bad, but that was the case when you bought the team.  Deal with it.  Reach into your really deep pockets and and pay for a stadium that isn't going to cost a billion dollars with the inevitable cost overruns.

Right, I do remember that.

Owners are loathe to reach into their own pockets for stadium improvements. Too bad because their on the field product is superior.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• We are doing our best to try and blow it 
    • There was a game August 7th when he made questionable ph decisions. At that time, I believe pinch hitters were batting .370 with an OBP of .429 Now it’s .325 and .389 Any idea what the numbers are since August 7th?  
    • Prevent coverage causes you to prevent winning. 
    • Let’s not blow this game guys. Soft coverages. 
    • After tonight's game in Boston, the Twins have a 3-game series against the Marlins, so you're correct that they may not keep losing.
    • If you don’t think there’s a possibility of the Os missing the playoffs at this point I don’t know what to tell you.  Not saying it’s likely, and I’m sure not rooting for it (before some clown accuses me of that), but my eyes have to be open to that possibility. The team has played poorly over and over again right in front of us. The Tigers probably won’t lose more than 1 the rest of this week.  KC and the Twins have to start winning at some point - and we might have to beat the Twins ourselves, which how can you possibly be confident about that either? Those teams arent likely to just keep losing over and over.    We will probably be subjected to the Yanks celebrating their division title on Tuesday - if not then, certainly at some point this week, right in front of our guys. Perhaps that vision somehow lights a fire. I hope so.    Nice seeing Westie and Ramon back and glad they’ll get a full week before the playoffs start, if we do make it. There is some hope there at least. But things need to change on the field, and fast, or else all will have been for naught. 
    • As both an Orioles fan and Albert Suarez roto owner, I am frustrated he was allowed to pitch to the top of the order a 3rd time in the 6th inning. At the end of the top of the 5th, with Batter 20 Carpenter on deck as he retired Batter 19 Meadows for the final out, I mentioned to the friend I was there with it felt wrong no one was throwing because if Meadows got to Carpenter, a barrel was going somewhere.     Big Al got Meadows to close the 5th, and then on what was essentially Fan Appreciation Jordan Westburg Ramon Urias Good Vibes day, Urias starts and Westburg finishes a rally to turn a 3-0 deficit into a tie game. And three nanoseconds after the rally, Big Al, my unofficial 14th best out of 14 Orioles arms today at run prevention on a per batter basis, is deployed to try the Kerry Carpenter Challenge again with perhaps the most predictable HR outcome I have ever seen in person. SIGBOT could not have done better if it was trying to yield runs in that 6th inning, which it did.    The team's tactical decisions today make it fairly clear it is Late Season Sarasota.      Guys are getting their work in, the regular season competitions are over.  
  • Popular Contributors