MLBTR arbitration projections

Sports Guy

2 minutes ago, scOtt said:

Both. But most importantly as a player. He put up numbers this year. In line with his career averages. Next year should be at least as good. Couple years (extension!) should be decent.

He put up 0.8 rWAR this season and his career average is 1.8. Below replacement level is not providing value and his value is only that which he provides as a clubhouse leader.

8 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

He put up 0.8 rWAR this season and his career average is 1.8. Below replacement level is not providing value and his value is only that which he provides as a clubhouse leader.

Oh, you mean the season in which he played almost every game after beating stage 3 cancer and missing all of 2020? So, the extreme outlier season?

Just now, interloper said:

Oh, you mean the season in which he played almost every game after beating stage 3 cancer and missing all of 2020? So, the extreme outlier season?

How is it an extreme outlier? Was his comeback hampered by recovery? Because it was never mentioned. Moreover, I heard he was fine physically and maybe a little tired the last month of the season.

11 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

147 G, 556 PA,  77 R,  142 H, 33 doubles, 21 HR, 71 RBI.

Numbers this young team needs every day. Just to not wilt and die.

WAR can eat crap and die.

2 minutes ago, interloper said:

Ugh, huge loss of respect here. 

I always have to chuckle at those who downvote because of disagreement. 

Look, I like Mancini. He’s the type of guy you want in the clubhouse without a doubt. There’s a big difference between that and a guy who provides value on the field.

5 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Meh, utterly replaceable.

I look at Trey's 2019 production and think with a good off season of building his body up he has a chance to be much better than his 2021 season.   

Besides that if he is traded this off season it will be trading low.

If you think he is replaceable by who and how much will that cost.

Just now, wildcard said:

I look at Trey's 2019 production and think with a good off season of building his body up he has a chance to be much better than his 2021 season.   

If you think he is replaceable by who and how much will that cost.

The guy who  played 1B most of the season. 

He could have a better season after a normal offseason. It remains to be seen.

4 minutes ago, scOtt said:

147 G, 556 PA,  77 R,  142 H, 33 doubles, 21 HR, 71 RBI.

Numbers this young team needs every day. Just to not wilt and die.

WAR can eat crap and die.

7 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Meh, utterly replaceable.

I edited my post because ESPN's formatting is crap and UNusable! :ohlord:

2 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

The guy who  played 1B most of the season. 

He could have a better season after a normal offseason. It remains to be seen.

Mountcastle and Trey are both needed in the lineup.  One is not a replacement for the other.   How about a 2nd guess.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

I always have to chuckle at those who downvote because of disagreement. 

Look, I like Mancini. He’s the type of guy you want in the clubhouse without a doubt. There’s a big difference between that and a guy who provides value on the field.

It's not just disagreement, your position is almost untenable. That's a solid, middle-of-the-order hitter. You just want to chuck him by the wayside and bring up or bring in WHO?

Adley isn't going to light the world on fire this year.

22 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

How is it an extreme outlier? Was his comeback hampered by recovery? Because it was never mentioned. Moreover, I heard he was fine physically and maybe a little tired the last month of the season.

He didn't play baseball for a full year. There's not a lot of data to draw from about how guys perform after a cancer diagnosis and treatment regimen AND after missing an entire year. The fact he put up a positive WAR is remarkable in and of itself because we just haven't seen a lot of guys do what he did. It's a rare thing and therefore, it's an outlier both in his career and in baseball overall. We'll know a lot more about what kind of player he'll be going forward after next year. To draw any conclusions after 2021 is to rely on a tiny sample that was also under a host of external factors. He might be better next year, he might be worse. But to say he's worthless to the O's is a trifecta of bad takes: it's plain wrong, it's in poor taste, and it's relying on wholly unreliable data. 

21 minutes ago, scOtt said:

It's not just disagreement, your position is almost untenable. That's a solid, middle-of-the-order hitter. You just want to chuck him by the wayside and bring up or bring in WHO?

Adley isn't going to light the world on fire this year.

I like Trey, but I think the odds are good AR puts up a better OPS than Trey next year. The issue is going to be more when does AR get called up and how many games does he play in 2022. 

7 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I like Trey, but I think the odds are good AR puts up a better OPS than Trey next year. The issue is going to be more when does AR get called up and how many games does he play in 2022. 

AR should have nothing to do with whether Mancini stays or goes.   The O's need to lengthen their lineup with good hitters to improve in the AL East.  Mullins , Mountcastle, Mancini, Adley, Hays, Santander, Urias,  giving Mateo at bats to see if he can help.   Taking Mancini out without a replacement does not help the team improve.

The question is if Mancini is traded/released who replaces him?