Left field at OPACY going through a big change

Sports Guy

Just now, Sports Guy said:

What is the point in mentioning this?

What does it have to do with what I posted and you quoted?

Just pointing out that the team isn't spending it's own money to do this.

They have upgraded the stadium, but I'm pretty sure that's part of the agreement they had with the State.  They aren't just taking it upon themselves to spend their money.

Heck they dragged their feet on replacing a scoreboard that was so outdated that it was almost impossible to get parts for until they could get the State to pay for it.

I don't blame them for doing it that way but I sure don't want them to get a bunch of credit for it either.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

They have upgraded the stadium, but I'm pretty sure that's part of the agreement they had with the State.  They aren't just taking it upon themselves to spend their money.

Heck they dragged their feet on replacing a scoreboard that was so outdated that it was almost impossible to get parts for until they could get the State to pay for it.

I don't blame them for doing it that way but I sure don't want them to get a bunch of credit for it either.

Ok, so it has nothing to do with what I was saying.  That’s what I thought.

17 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I can see why you wouldn't be interested in someone providing context.

You provided nothing but trolling, per usual.

Your comment had zero to do with me saying the team has done a good job with the changes they have made to the park over the years.

Who paid for it has zero to do with what I said.  RZ is right.  All your comment was about was finding some kind of a negative angle.

• Upvote 1

I could see the jag giving left-fielders some chances at this kind of highlight.   I think left-center in Camden will get more traffic than this Fenway jag in center-right-center.    Towering shots that come down within a few feet of the angle I could even imagine plays where both the LF and the CF get a shot at the robbery.    

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

For context, what percentage of money spent on stadium modifications and renovations come from MLB teams, and what percentage comes from governments?  I'd like to know exactly how ambivalent I need to be about this.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

I could see the jag giving left-fielders some chances at this kind of highlight.   I think left-center in Camden will get more traffic than this Fenway jag in center-right-center.    Towering shots that come down within a few feet of the angle I could even imagine plays where both the LF and the CF get a shot at the robbery.    

The cut out will make it interesting for a 381 foot homerun but if its hit 2 feet left its a flyout and vice versa