Left field at OPACY going through a big change

Sports Guy

This reminds me a lot of PNC Park at which I have watched many a game. It makes for interesting plays but less crazy bounces that you would expect.  As long as the LF knows the notch you get a lot of rangy grabs in the notch that goes out to 410 in left center.  The peak pirates of the last decade played McCutchen in center and Starling Marte in left.  Starling was hands down the better fielder.

I like the irregular outfield, what I dont like is the 90 degree angle.  In PNC the bullpen is offset so the outside (on field) angle is obtuse.

dsc-9546.jpg

• Upvote 3

I think I wish it was less dramatic...more like 15ft back and 10ft high, 30ft back and 13ft high seems like when you're car is drifting right, and then you oversteer left. The straight wall into the right angle just also looks ugly (at least from what we see now). It definitely places a premium on lf defense

34 minutes ago, seak05 said:

I think I wish it was less dramatic...more like 15ft back and 10ft high, 30ft back and 13ft high seems like when you're car is drifting right, and then you oversteer left. The straight wall into the right angle just also looks ugly (at least from what we see now). It definitely places a premium on lf defense

I wonder if they make this change in Left if they didnt have Hays, who is an excellent LF.

3 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

You provided nothing but trolling, per usual.

Your comment had zero to do with me saying the team has done a good job with the changes they have made to the park over the years.

Who paid for it has zero to do with what I said.  RZ is right.  All your comment was about was finding some kind of a negative angle.

Testy, aren't we?  Trolling, really? 

His comment did have zero to do with saying the team has done a good job with the changes, but let's not pretend that practically almost every thread on here is on a completely different topic by the 4th or 5th page.  

I did find his comment interesting seeing as how the state funded the changes over the years.  IMO, I thought it was the Orioles doing it out of pocket, but silly me I should have known better.  Not that it makes a difference but the next time you want to go on a rant about how cheap the team is, you can use that as ammo.  

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Testy, aren't we?  Trolling, really? 

His comment did have zero to do with saying the team has done a good job with the changes, but let's not pretend that practically almost every thread on here is on a completely different topic by the 4th or 5th page.  

I did find his comment interesting seeing as how the state funded the changes over the years.  IMO, I thought it was the Orioles doing it out of pocket, but silly me I should have known better.  Not that it makes a difference but the next time you want to go on a rant about how cheap the team is, you can use that as ammo.  

If you can get someone else to pay for it, that’s good and smart business, not being cheap.  The Orioles don’t own OPACY.

As far as his comment..I don’t mind it on its own although I have no idea why it even needs to be mentioned.

But it had nothing to do with what I said and he quoted me, so it was done in response.  It’s just the same thing over and over again, no matter the topic.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

The thought about player safety for this change is hilariously bad.

They forgot to mention that the wall will now be faced with a 6' thick airbag to cushion the impact of running into the wall.  You never have to slow up, just go full out right to the fence with no chance of injury.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

But it is.  My way is better, it was proven.  I have a paper around here somewhere.

It is known.

6 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

I want them to make that cutout an acute angle, so the ball could be home run if it's hit 381 feet, but not if it's 385.

I guess we'll have to settle for wind aided home runs from a LF-to-RF gust that blows the ball over the cutout.

1 hour ago, Hallas said:

It is known.

I guess we'll have to settle for wind aided home runs from a LF-to-RF gust that blows the ball over the cutout.

I’m wondering if you could have a situation where you have a runner on 1B who can tag up on a fly ball caught in that LCF corner area because the wall blocks the left fielder from making a throw to 2B.

• Upvote 1